.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Domain 4? Death? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48579)

legowarrior March 25th, 2012 12:36 PM

Domain 4? Death?

I'm playing a nation without sacred, and I will have an awake Pretender with decent scales, how crazy is it to have only 4 domain?
CBM 1.96 game.

sansanjuan March 25th, 2012 12:55 PM

Re: Domain 4? Death?

Quote:

Originally Posted by legowarrior (Post 799602)
I'm playing a nation without sacred, and I will have an awake Pretender with decent scales, how crazy is it to have only 4 domain?
CBM 1.96 game.

Sp or mp? I have never had an issue with 4 in MP but likely others have. My feeling is that by the time you are in danger of Dom kill you'll also be in dire straights because you'll be defending your cap from invasion.
ssj

bbz March 25th, 2012 01:40 PM

Yea I myself never found a problem with low dominion in MP game as well. Although I faced Hinnom in a recent one and that was a problem. But as long as you play it smart it should be ok(you need to build at least 4-9 temples though but with good scales you'll have loads of money:) ).Also depends on the nation you are playing with.

Shardphoenix March 25th, 2012 01:45 PM

Depends on your priests and strategy, I`d say. And age. If you have H2-H3 inquisitors - you can fight off domkill with some effort. If you have only H1 priests and neither inquisitors nor bloodsacrifice - expect someone to wash you off the map in the late game.

Shangrila00 March 25th, 2012 01:52 PM

It's not luck based decent scales right? To state the obvious, luck that doesn't spread is entirely worthless. If it's Order based, and you have strong priests to preach up dom in your best provinces, it might be okay. In general though, good scales and low dom to spread it don't work together.

Soyweiser March 25th, 2012 02:42 PM

Also, eliminate the blood sac nations first. With dom4 you can be defeated by bad nation placement. (A strong enemy between you and a blood nation). Late game blood sac nations will kill you. No butts, no iffs, no preaching, or any kind of juggernaught spam will save you.

bbz March 25th, 2012 03:40 PM

I'm gonna ask a related question, Can a blood nation actually kill you that quickly as you said late game even if you manage to build 14 temples = making your dominion str 7 ? say that you are a nation with 200 gold temples.

legowarrior March 25th, 2012 03:43 PM

Yeah, I decide to try something different and take a domain 6.

Shardphoenix March 25th, 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

even if you manage to build 14 temples = making your dominion str 7
By building temples you only upgrade your "holy" resource, not actual dominion str.

bbz March 25th, 2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardphoenix (Post 799658)
Quote:

even if you manage to build 14 temples = making your dominion str 7
By building temples you only upgrade your "holy" resource, not actual dominion str.

Are you sure coz It shows an actual dominion str increase when you click on temples.I'm pretty sure you increase conversion rates. (for your temples and for your god and for your prohpet as well. Just tested it coz I wasnt sure if your god was affected by it.)

Also you can get more maximum dominion this way so you can get like up to 7 candles in your capital if you start with dominion 4 and build 14 temples which means dominion str of 7.