.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Strands of Arcane Power (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44272)

Mojo the Avenger November 4th, 2009 02:08 PM

Strands of Arcane Power

So I was playing EA Ulm. No astral power except my pretender. I had strands of arcane power up, and I empowered a guy in astral so he could shuttle steel warriors around.

That turn he retaliated and feebleminded my god.

Anyone ever had that happen before or know why it would happen?

Stavis_L November 4th, 2009 03:30 PM

Re: Strands of Arcane Power

Sounds like a bug....but as an aside, I'd say you would have been better served by (assuming you just wanted a magical commander)

1) Recruiting a mage with any path other than death (5 mag. leadership per point or 10 for astral, but I guess you don't have any astral source)
2) Summoning something with magical leadership (e.g. Sleeper w/40)
3) Forging a Crown of Command (+25)
4) GoR'ing something with magical leadership (e.g. elementals, crusher, siege golem each have 10)

Festin November 4th, 2009 03:58 PM

I did not know magic leadership was needed for steel warriors. Maybe Mojo is talking about teleporting them?

llamabeast November 6th, 2009 09:07 AM

This is confusing. Surely it was an enemy mage who feebleminded your god? I don't think your own mages do it.

Stavis_L November 6th, 2009 09:17 AM

Hrm...just a thought; was your empowered astral leader still under your control afterward? I suppose it would be theoretically possible to lose your commander via seduction, which would place them on the opposing roster and thus able to zap your Strands caster...

Also, just checking - your empowered commander wasn't a charmed horror or anything, just a normal unit?

Gregstrom November 6th, 2009 12:26 PM

And... are you sure it was your leader, rather than, say, a stealthy Astral mage?

Illuminated One November 6th, 2009 03:35 PM

I've got astral mages feebleminded for no reason.
Even one that was already feebleminded once.

Psycho November 6th, 2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 717285)
And... are you sure it was your leader, rather than, say, a stealthy Astral mage?

Or a non-stealthy enemy astral mage anywhere in your dominion?

Mojo the Avenger November 6th, 2009 05:58 PM

I guess it could have been a stealthy astral mage in my dominion but I doubt it. I got the message that "one of our talented astral mages has destroyed his mind." every single turn until my gift of health healed the feeblemind. Then I stopped getting the message.

It would be a hell of a coincidence for it to be anything other than a bug.

As to the other question, I needed a mage that could cast gateway to reinforce my front lines.

Psycho November 6th, 2009 06:14 PM

That's a bug in description. Both sides get that message.