.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Guide: Prophet Transformations (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40553)

AreaOfEffect September 14th, 2008 08:02 PM

Prophet Transformations

There are a few instances where specific units will transform into a another unit when dubbed a prophet. Examples include the Lizard Kings of C'tis and the Jotun Jarls of Jotunheim. I would like to compile a complete list of these units. I'll update the list as new information comes in.

(Note: the changes listed do not include the normal bonuses for being a prophet, which are +2 Att, +2 Def, +2 Pre, 30 Mor, and adjusted HP, Str, and MR based on dominion scales.)

Nation: Abysia (MA only)
Unit: Anathemant Salamander (85)
Stat Changes: +1 HP, +2 MR, +1 Att, +1 Def, +1 Pre
Other Changes: Description changed to match the Anathemant Drangon (86)
Cosmetic Changes: Black and red robe, head and hands on fire

Unit: Anathemant Dragon (86)
Stat Changes: +2 HP
Other Changes: Weapon(dagger)
Cosmetic Changes: Black and red robe, head and hands on fire

Unit: Demonbred (87)
Stat Changes: +1 Pre
Other Changes: none
Cometic Changes: Black and gold robe, matching gold crown

Nation: Abysia (MA and LA only)
Unit: Warlock (89)
Stat Changes: +2 MR, +1 Pre, +30 base leadership
Other Changes: Description changed to match the Anathemant Drangon (86)
Cosmetic Changes: Head and hands on fire

Nation: Abysia (EA and MA only)
Unit: Warlord (119)
Stat Changes: +2 Hp, +1 MR, +1 Str, +1 Att, +1 Def, +40 base leadership
Other Changes: Ambidextrous +1, Firepower 1, Weapons(2 Great Axes)
Cosmetic Changes: A nifty red cape, bigger axes

Nation: Arcoscephale
Unit: Mystic (311)
Stat Changes: +2 Enc, -1 Str, +30 base leadership
Cosmetic Changes: Black and lime robe, new pose

Nation: Atlantis (MA only)
Unit: Coral Queen (374)
Stat Changes: +3 HP, -2 AP
Other Changes: +50 Darkvision
Cosmetic Changes: Greyer dull skin

Nation: Caelum (MA only)
Unit: High Seraph (203)
Stat Changes: +1 HP, -1 Enc, +1 Str, -1 AP
Other Changes: Magic Being, Weapon(Ice Rod)
Cosmetic Changes: none

Nation: Caelum (EA and MA only)
Unit: Seraphine (204)
Stat Changes: -1 Enc, +1 Att, +1 Def, +1 Pre
Other Changes: Weapon(Ice Rod)
Cosmetic Changes: Just the new icy blue rod

Nation: C'tis (EA and MA only)
Unit: Shaman (170)
Stat Changes: +30 base leadership
Cosmetic Changes: A brown robe, as opposed to naked

Nation: C'tis
Unit: Lizard King (177)
Stat Changes: +1 Str, +1 Att, +1 Def, -1 AP
Other Changes: Weapon(Mace)
Cosmetic Changes: A new robe, blue crown/hair-do, a regal mace

Nation: Jotunheim, Utgard
Unit: Jotun Jarl (274)
Stat Changes: +5 Hp, +1 MR, -1 Enc, +1 Str, +1 Att, +1 Def, +1 Pre, +40 base leadership
Cosmetic Changes: Shiny gold armor

Nation: Vanheim
Unit: Dwarven Smith (323)
Stat Changes: +1 HP, +1 MR, +1 Str, -2 Def, -1 AP
Other Changes: Weapon(Quarterstaff)
Cosmetic Changes: Holding the new staff humbly

Notes of interest:
-The Jotun Jarls of Neifelheim (monster 1299), though statistically the same, don't transform. This is clearly thematic.
-The prophet form of Abysia's Demonbred use to lack base undead leadership, this has been fixed.
-Though the High Seraph of Caelum becomes a magic being, it does not gain any base magic leadership.
-Shamans from indy provinces do not transform as it has been suggested. This may not have been the case in the past.
-MA Abysia's Anathemant Salamder, Anathemant Dragoon, and Warlock all transform into the same base unit. The only difference between them would be magic skill, preist level, and age.

K September 14th, 2008 08:38 PM

Re: Prophet Transformations

Special thanks to Edi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edi
The actual changes are:

Abysia
Anathemant Dragon (86) --> Anathemant Warlock (327)
Anathemant Salamander (85) --> Anathemant Warlock (327)
Warlock (89) --> Anathemant Warlock (327)

Demonbred (87) --> Demonbred (121) Interestingly, 121 has 0 native undead leadership while 87 has 25, and 121 is vulnerable to Banishment and Smite Demon, so he's an all around sucky trade. The Salamanders make best Abysian prophets, because you don't really need more than H4, that's where you get divine blessing and fanaticism (or Warlords, because they become autoblessed thugs)

Arcoscephale
Mystic (311) --> Mystic (382)

Atlantis
Coral Queen (112) --> Queen Mother (374)

Caelum
High Seraph (203) --> High Seraph (415)
Seraphine (204) --> Seraphine (416)
Both of these units have some base stats (notably att & def) actually worsened, but the Ice Rod compensates for it so that there is no change or modest improvement. The High Seraph also becomes a magic being and vulnerable to spells and effects targeted at same.

C'tis
Shaman (170) --> Shaman (321)
Lizard King (177) --> Lizard King (328)
The shaman prophet is available to anyone who can find an indie lizard province, by the way...

Jotunheim
Jotun Jarl (274) --> Jotun Jarl (436)
Now, if anybody has ever seen Jotun Jarl (375) in the game, I'd be interested... Has great sword, round shield and chain mail hauberk and looks very different than the other two, and looks like a legacy unit.

Vanheim
Dwarven Smith (323) --> Dwarf Elder (324)

The numbers are the unit numbers you can use to put these commanders on a map in the map file. It should also be noted that the Prophet status increases morale to 30 and gives an additional +2 to all stats plus the blessing. You can find the actual stats for all of these in the updated Dom2 Unit DB, and you can further see the changes the weapons make if you compare the weapon DB data alongside the unit DB.

Afaik, there are no other morphing units, because they would have stuck out when I was doing the Unit DB. That's the lot of them.

AreaOfEffect September 14th, 2008 09:19 PM

Thanks a lot. I'll update when I get the time to do so. Also, thank you Edi.

Tifone September 15th, 2008 03:23 AM

Nice things to know ^^

Sombre September 15th, 2008 06:14 AM

This would actually be a neat thing to add to the mod wishlist. Let me do so now.

Edi September 15th, 2008 08:35 AM

Seems like I forgot Warmaster from the Abysian list back in the day. That post is also no longer accurate with the demonbred leadership thing, as it got fixed sometime ago in some patch when Kristoffer was doing a lot of statfixes.

The prophet forms are tied to unit numbers, so if there are new units with the same name but different number, those would not be affected.

Sombre, I'll add that suggestion to the modding wishlist. :)

AreaOfEffect September 15th, 2008 09:13 AM

I was eventually going to suggest a #prophetform command, but Sombre beat me to it. Good to know I'm not the only one who would want such a thing.

AreaOfEffect September 15th, 2008 11:44 AM

The original post has been updated with what I know so far. Some of the information presented was out of date. I'm not sure if the newer nations have any prophet forms or if prophet forms exist for national summons. I suppose I'll do a bit of my own testing.

Tifone September 15th, 2008 12:40 PM

Nice nice nice job AoE. These are the kind of nice stuff that keep up my wonder for this game :) I hope Oni generals of Yomi will get some of this love someday too, by vanilla or CBM ^^

HoneyBadger September 16th, 2008 05:07 AM

I could see this being very strongly thematic-if for instance you were to Prophetize a Knight of Avalon, and he transformed into the unique unit 'Arturius Rex'-an immortal commander with a magic sword that turned it's victims into stone-Prophets could be really deeply tied into a nation's overall character. You could have dozens of neat little easter eggs.

I'd love to have the ability to mod this in.

I would absolutely add this to one of my Cimmeria units, so that if Prophetized he turned into Conan the Barbarian :) It's unthematic, to make him a priest, but I could always give him Holy -3. No Holy magic would make for an interesting Prophet-you'd still get the sacredness and the Dom boosting, ofcourse.

Niefelheim Jarl ought to turn into one of the named Jotuns-like Utgart Loki, Bergelmir, Surt, etc. Surt would be fun--suddenly, instead of an average Niefelheim Ice Jotun, you've got a Muspelheim Fire Jotun to try to fit into your strategy.

Niefel Jotuns are just too much fun not to see more variations of them.