.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Gear that is a bad idea to stick on you assassin (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44611)

vfb January 1st, 2010 09:29 PM

Gear that is a bad idea to stick on you assassin

Sometimes what seems like a good idea is actually a very bad idea.

For instance, if you've got an assassin that won't get Mind Hunted, it may seem to give him something like:

- Bow of War
- Bottle of Living Water

and, the pièce de résistance:

- Slave Collar

Why the Slave Collar? Well, I once had my army break in an assassination attempt, because my total army HP was like '1' or something, because my Water Elemental changed shape when its first shape died, and had -6 HP. So I figured, stick a Slave Collar on him, heh heh heh, won't need to worry about routing anymore.

But no!!!!!!!

Code:

Army rout 50 for Marignon (no units left)
Mrlreport (left): good0 broken0 autobreak50 turn0
autobreak 50 for Marignon

In other words, instant "The Armies of Marignon are routed".

The Bottle gives you Magic Leadership 1. The Slave Collar takes that away.

:doh:

Ink January 1st, 2010 10:51 PM

Re: Gear that is a bad idea to stick on you assassin

Marble Armor on an undead with Cold Aura, also bad idea. (just give it Blacksteele Fullplate instead).

Trumanator January 1st, 2010 11:02 PM

lol whoops

Sir_Dr_D January 2nd, 2010 09:41 PM

lol. That is a funny one.

Putting bood rings on an assasin does sound like a good idea. I never thought of that one.

Does the slave collar take away all leadership then, or just magicical leadership?

Jarkko January 3rd, 2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Dr_D (Post 724543)
Does the slave collar take away all leadership then, or just magicical leadership?

The slave collar makes the wearer feeblemninded with all the effects (can't lead troops, can't rout, can't be target by mindblasts, can't cast spells etc).

vfb January 3rd, 2010 06:50 AM

It's pretty clear to me now that "can't rout" is not one of the effects of feeblemindedness. :(

Febblemind gives you Morale 30, not Morale 50 (mindless). Morale 50 and 99 are the only ones where you never rout (not even from your own HP loss).

Feebleminded can also be Mind Hunted/Charmed/etc. (Even more easily in fact, because of the MR penalty).

Sombre January 3rd, 2010 07:21 AM

Feebleminded doesn't give mor 30. The slave collar gives mor 30 and the penalty is feeblemind. I believe if you just get the feeblemind affliction it doesn't set your mor to 30.

Mor 30 is a special case with special rules - it won't run away from fear checks for instance.

vfb January 3rd, 2010 08:47 AM

Thanks for clearing that up! It's been a while since I've had a feebleminded unit (that wasn't a tartarian).