.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: New Nation: Dinnas'Arval (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34301)

Juzza April 19th, 2007 05:14 AM

New Nation: Dinnas\'Arval

1 Attachment(s)
This is a new Nation mod which adds the barbaric nation of Dinnas'Arval to the early age.

This is Version 1.00 of Dinnas'Arval it's not version 1.01 because I just zipped those files 3 times and I'm not zipping them again tonite.

Anyway, I made huge improvements, added descriptions to everything, the nation now has proper forts, proper starting sites, some new scared units, which I'm unsure if I've made them too uba, anyway, huge improvements, Nation has a story now, try it out!

Juzza April 27th, 2007 09:11 AM

Re: New Nation: Dinnas\'Arval

Updated a lot of stuff, balanced stuff, still yet to add descriptions.

VedalkenBear April 27th, 2007 11:13 AM

I'll try it this weekend, Juzza. I took a look at it before, but since there wasn't a lot going on, there wasn't much to comment on.

Juzza April 28th, 2007 12:49 AM

well, I just need to know, like are the barbians too strong, should they cost more gold, that kinda feedback, I mean personally, I think it's fairly balanced and I got a hero done the other night, gonna update that later with another two more heros and a prooper scout unit, though, I'm unsure on the priestess, they get lots of wolves... they might need to cost a little bit more.

PvK April 28th, 2007 03:25 AM

I think the costs are basically reasonable. You might want to give shields to the axe throwers so they can form a shielded front line.

The half helmets, awe, broad magic paths stealth and regeneration seem like unexpected features, but they seem to pay enough for them. I didn't notice the wolves though.

You might want to make different unit forms to offer the priestess as a pretender. She ends up being very expensive there with many paths, which is different and not necessarily bad, but kind of unorthodox and not very flexible.

P.S. Oh the great city does not seem right for a barbarian capital, unless perhaps their story is they captured it from a civilization.

Juzza April 28th, 2007 05:48 AM

oh, um, the base mod was taken off my other mod Tarent which used a great city, the priestesses will not stay pretenders its a side effect of the copystats to get the wolves as is the regeneration, them being pretenders I can just restrict them to an unused nation but I can't get rid of the regeneration.

Sombre April 28th, 2007 07:48 AM

You could reduce the regen to 1%, possibly even 0% you know.

Juzza April 28th, 2007 08:57 AM

I've tried to reduce it to zero, doesn't work and as far as I know it's at 10 percent witch I can just graft into the description without too much hardship good suggestion though, um, but does anyone know of any other commander that has wolves come to their aid in battle? other than the ***** queen?

Oh and has anyone checked out the two blood spells?

Sombre April 28th, 2007 09:39 AM

Dai Oni.

Juzza April 28th, 2007 10:05 AM

hum, their demons aren't they?

I don't think I can get rid of that, and my priestess can't be demonic! thanks anyways.