.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Zmey heads don't grow back between battles? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48601)

Immaculate March 28th, 2012 10:12 PM

Zmey heads don't grow back between battles?

I thought the heads grew back but i have a one-headed zmey. Please zmey- grow your head back- you are way more badass with three heads than with one.

bbz March 28th, 2012 10:41 PM

Re: Zmey heads don't grow back between battles?

As we are on zmeys, am I the only one that thinks that zmeys are a bit too powerful for their price?

Immaculate March 28th, 2012 10:47 PM

I don't think so now that i learned that they don't get their heads back. stupid zmey; Grow that nub!

bbz March 28th, 2012 10:54 PM

You didnt happen to have 3 helmets on him did you:) Btw fyi zmeys are different than hydras in mythology, they don't grow heads back and there is always a hero to cut all of their heads off (so expect that in your game:P ):)

llamabeast March 29th, 2012 04:01 AM

Yeah, they don't grow back.

The super-observant may notice that the sprite for a newly-beheaded Zmey is different to that of a not-newly-beheaded Zmey. The blood gets darker as it dries.

jimbojones1971 March 29th, 2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamabeast (Post 800069)
Yeah, they don't grow back.

The super-observant may notice that the sprite for a newly-beheaded Zmey is different to that of a not-newly-beheaded Zmey. The blood gets darker as it dries.

Really? That is very cool, I have to say :-)

Groundworm March 29th, 2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbz (Post 800047)
As we are on zmeys, am I the only one that thinks that zmeys are a bit too powerful for their price?

No, bbz, you're not the only one. I completely agree with you.

Last game I played, I had an ember lord who was my prophet, fighting in my own dominion. He had several artifacts (Amon Hotep, Robe of Cailus the Druid, maybe one other), and otherwise excellent gear. Fire resistance 100. Went up against a zmey, got two afflictions: lost one eye, then lost the other eye. He ended up running from the zmey.

How does a fire-based, fire-immune creature get both of his eyes burnt out by something that costs half as many gems, and had *far* fewer gems worth of equipment!?

Also, the raiding potential of zmeys is absolutely fantastic. At 30 gems each, they're far too accessible.

Shardphoenix March 29th, 2012 02:44 PM

And don`t forget, that you can`t even effectively mind-hunt Zmeys, because you need to kill every single one of them THREE TIMES... And they have 18 MR.

bbz March 29th, 2012 02:47 PM

yep. Plus they can have amulet of the werewolf dealing with morale problems, and you still have 2 misc slots for resistances/ or amulet of MR.
(not to mention that the chances of amulet of the werewolf being picked up is 100% so even if you win a battle against a zmey with your army, you have to say bye bye to one of your mages (and that's just a nice side effect))

Valerius March 29th, 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immaculate (Post 800049)
I don't think so now that i learned that they don't get their heads back. stupid zmey; Grow that nub!

Lol. This is the funniest "zmey is/isn't OP" thread so far. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbz (Post 800129)
yep. Plus they can have amulet of the werewolf dealing with morale problems, and you still have 2 misc slots for resistances/ or amulet of MR.
(not to mention that the chances of amulet of the werewolf being picked up is 100% so even if you win a battle against a zmey with your army, you have to say bye bye to one of your mages (and that's just a nice side effect))

Lychantropos' amulet is easily the magic item I hate most. If I could make one change to CBM magic items I'd increase the cost of this cursed (literally) item to 10 gems.

The worst part of fighting of fighting zmeys is that they usually have it equipped. :mad: