.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   SEV Modders Knowledge Base (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Component.txt Knowledge Base (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=31763)

President_Elect_Shang November 11th, 2006 03:54 PM

Component.txt Knowledge Base

Has anyone else experienced this problem: In the Research Window the icon (mini pic) next to the name of the tech area is working. The icon (mini pic) in the “Expected Results” at the top of the same window is not showing the component that will be developed next. If you click on the tech area it lists the component though. Does anyone know why this is happening and what the fix is?

EDITED IN: I edited this thread with the intent that ONLY questions and solutions to problems for the Components.txt be posted here. This thread may jump around some as I intend to quote from other threads to here.

President_Elect_Shang November 11th, 2006 07:56 PM

Component.txt Knowledge Base

I figured out what the problem was. It has to do with me using duel requirements. To get the component pic to show up I had to change the Requirements Evaluation Availability to the number of the controlling requirement. In the example from my component the tech area “C&C” is the controller and the tech area “High Tech” is the restrictor so the controller can not be researched until the restrictor has been satisfied.

Number Of Requirements:= 2
Requirements Evaluation Availability:= 1
Requirements Evaluation Allows Placement:= TRUE
Requirements Evaluation Allows Usage:= TRUE
Requirement 1 Description:= Empire must have achieved C&C tech level 1.
Requirement 1 Formula:= (Get_Empire_Tech_Level("C&C") = 1) AND (Get_Empire_Tech_Level("C&C") < 2)
Requirement 2 Description:= Empire must have achieved High Tech level 1.
Requirement 2 Formula:= Get_Empire_Tech_Level("High Tech") >= 1

Phoenix-D November 11th, 2006 08:12 PM

Re: Component.txt Knowledge Base

You realize that setup will completely ignore the second requirement, right?

Also, if you don't use [%Level%] in at least one requirement the component will jump straight to the maximum level.

President_Elect_Shang November 11th, 2006 10:17 PM

I have to disagree with you, testing has given me other results. In fact I have been testing this successfully with six self-run test empires for over 40 turns. I have even researched and replaced this very component with no other flaws than getting the pic of it to appear in the expected results portion of the research window. The only change I made to get the pic to appear is changing the Requirements Evaluation Availability from “AND” to “1”. It is restricting the component until both are satisfied and since this is not a generational component (there is only 1 level which is phased out for another component) I don’t even have the possibility of having the max level problem.

Captain Kwok November 12th, 2006 01:05 AM

PE Shang, I tried this setup but it didn't work...

Phoenix-D November 12th, 2006 01:24 AM

Did you take Empire C&C to level 2 or higher when you did that test?

President_Elect_Shang November 12th, 2006 02:15 AM

Quote:

Captain Kwok said:
PE Shang, I tried this setup but it didn't work...

Your right it’s not working now; what happened? How do you make a generational component that will display as an expected result in the research window and requires that two tech areas be met? The more I fool with this the more I miss the SE4 system.

Docwho November 12th, 2006 02:18 AM

lol where is the old se4 system when you need.........

That right it is in the se4 folder......

Captain Kwok November 12th, 2006 02:47 AM

It shouldn't be a difficult fix for Aaron - all the pending techs are displayed when you right click on the area you're researching...

President_Elect_Shang November 12th, 2006 02:55 AM

I noticed that the right click was working too. I wasn’t thinking it might be a fix that Aaron needed and instead thought it was a mistake I had made. The part I can’t figure is how I got the darn thing to work for 40 turns. I was using a save game so there was my mistake! So you feel that is something Aaron has to fix? Which of us should contact him and request it; both maybe?