.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Have I gone blind? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51619)

cbreedon June 2nd, 2017 08:12 PM

Have I gone blind?

I know there used to be a button to edit your posts but I don't see it anywhere. Has it been removed?

cbreedon June 2nd, 2017 08:16 PM

Re: Have I gone blind?

1 Attachment(s)
Screen shot for example

Mobhack June 2nd, 2017 08:30 PM

I think there is a limited time when you can edit? but not 100% sure.

shahadi June 2nd, 2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbreedon (Post 838620)
I know there used to be a button to edit your posts but I don't see it anywhere. Has it been removed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 838623)
I think there is a limited time when you can edit? but not 100% sure.

Nah you're not blind, and yes there is a time limit to edit your post. I think you have one hour to edit.
<Br>

FASTBOAT TOUGH June 3rd, 2017 02:17 AM

I agree your eyes are good. You actually have only 30 minutes to edit your posts. On many of my posts you might've noticed I've left a comment or two concerning the 30 minute limit. God I ONLY WISH I had an hour, would've saved me a lot of aggravation especially where I needed to add additional refs or had to rewrite parts of my post or both.

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

jp10 June 3rd, 2017 10:55 AM

When I need to post a long post, I write it first in word pad and edit/rewrite it there till it looks Ok. Then I open the posting function and copy/paste into the post field. That makes the limited edit time mostly for spelling correction and better reading arrangement.

DRG June 3rd, 2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp10 (Post 838629)
When I need to post a long post, I write it first in word pad and edit/rewrite it there till it looks Ok. Then I open the posting function and copy/paste into the post field. That makes the limited edit time mostly for spelling correction and better reading arrangement.

That would be the best practice....ESPECIALLY long posts ...it's just sometimes things get bigger than expected but in that case copy all you have written into whatever program you use for text editing and then copy it into the forums once you are happy with it but I agree sometimes "clarity" is not so apparent first time through...

As a moderator, I can edit at any time but there will be a notation that the post was edited after 10 minutes or so

Don

DRG June 6th, 2017 09:47 PM

It has or will be when this website is revamped, extended to 2 hours but I await more info about that.

DRG June 7th, 2017 08:44 AM

OK it has been confirmed you NOW have up to two hours to edit your posts instead of just 30 minutes

Don

Dion June 7th, 2017 04:41 PM

Rules, Rules, Rules. It doesn't matter what the rules say, what matters is some times you can, some times you can't. There's no logic to this. They have their own reasons.