.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Approaching Infinity (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   When? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50495)

Grandpa Kim October 21st, 2014 03:58 PM

When?

Hi Bob! I've already pre-ordered Approaching Infinity, it looked so promising. I'm excited to play so I looked around trying to find out when it will be released. Hear them crickets? Not a peep, not a hint. Could be 2017 for all I can tell.

So, Bob, can you give us an idea when we can expect the release? (Or have I made a mistake in pre-ordering?)

ibol October 21st, 2014 11:06 PM

Re: When?

Hi there, and thanks for the kind words ;)

I don't think I am contractually allowed to give a specific date, especially since it's not entirely within my control, but I believe "before Christmas" is a reasonable expectation... and yes, of 2014!

The game is 99% finished and happily bug free. I've been going over the manual these past few days, making sure it is correct, entertaining, and informative. Next will be revising the modding guide.

The overall plan is to continue to release updates and additions for a long time to come. When the community of players increases, and we start to hear ideas from a wider audience, who knows what will find its way into the game...

Tim Brooks October 22nd, 2014 04:35 AM

Hi Grandpa Kim:

From Shrapnel Games' side, it is our plan to try and firm up a schedule sometime next week. This way we can give everyone an update early November as to when to expect things to happen.

Thanks for pre-ordering and we will try to keep information flowing.

Cheers.

Cyberis November 9th, 2014 08:16 PM

So Tim,
It's been a couple of weeks. Now I've pre-ordered too and I was wondering when the boxed version would be shipping.

Thanks,

ibol November 10th, 2014 03:11 PM

Thanks for the pre-order! I can't speak on shipping, but we've finally agreed on a deadline for the code, and release has been scheduled for "Mid December" (yes, 2014!)

Cyberis November 10th, 2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibol (Post 827189)
Thanks for the pre-order! I can't speak on shipping, but we've finally agreed on a deadline for the code, and release has been scheduled for "Mid December" (yes, 2014!)

Ok, so Tim, supposing that code is gold on Dec 15th, how long to print the manual and cd, box it up and ship it out?

ibol November 10th, 2014 11:19 PM

sorry, the gold date is nov 20/24 , actual release "mid dec".

ibol November 15th, 2014 12:08 AM

Just a little update:
I met the Manual deadline, and turned in the raw text on 11/13/14.
That is a big step towards completion. The gold date is coming soon.

You should note I'm from the age where games came with multiple manuals (Starfleet 1), cloth maps (ultima 3/4), and other bits of fluff (sometimes literally, HHGTTG!).

The manual is long, detailed, and fun.

I contend that it is possible to learn at least 50% of what you've got to do in about 10 minutes (meaning you can jump right in and start shooting and looting). But that other 50% is huge and full of details. A lot of that is covered in the manual, but some juicy bits are left for you to discover.

Cyberis November 15th, 2014 04:01 AM

Good job. I still have the original Vaultec Manual that came with Fallout. The printed/physical goodies that came with a game were works of art in their own right. So, I'm really looking forward to getting the box over the download.

ibol November 20th, 2014 11:25 PM

I have turned in the finished versions of the game! (one for windows, one for mac). So I think that is some indication that "When" is "soon" !

This has been my main focus for over a year. I don't know what to feel.

How am I celebrating? By writing a new kind of planet surface algorithm: the canyon! Then, I'm going to start on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. That is my reward to myself.