.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   SU-76 not showing up (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24442)

ioticus June 26th, 2005 07:43 PM

SU-76 not showing up

The SU-76 is missing it's graphic and shows no statistics when I right click it (and press 'I' for info) in my current scenario. The info pane says No Unit -- ERROR! I have a save file if anyone's interested.

junk2drive June 26th, 2005 08:10 PM

Re: SU-76 not showing up

I can verify that.
I played this one in DOS in this Win version's graphics are so much better.

Mobhack June 26th, 2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

ioticus said:
The SU-76 is missing it's graphic and shows no statistics when I right click it (and press 'I' for info) in my current scenario. The info pane says No Unit -- ERROR! I have a save file if anyone's interested.

Which su-76 - Ussr, Korean or ?.
What scenario? - a stock scenario or one you created yourself ?.

Cheers
Andy

ioticus June 26th, 2005 09:53 PM

[quote]
Mobhack said:
Quote:

ioticus said:

Which su-76 - Ussr, Korean or ?.
What scenario? - a stock scenario or one you created yourself ?.

Scenario 1, Obong-Ni Ridge. It is a North Korean SU-76.

Mobhack June 26th, 2005 11:13 PM

Yep - got that from other post.

I have been looking at that one and playing round with the scenario. It's a really old one - must have been there a while.

I have made some changes, e,g WRT planes and WBW's remarks elsewhere, will post a modified version of the scenario later in the scenario sub-forum.

- the planes were a tad out of date (fixed to skyraiders and panthers)
- the USMC position was not good, changed
(added some extra reinforcements, and added to NKor)
- NK infantry would hardly have time to arrive - 15 so upped to 25 turns.
- Vhexes were not good, rearranged to defender side, there really wa no chance of an USMC counterattack to take the far ones.
- USMC needed a few reinforcements, A/T was poor. Added a tank section (to deal with T34), arty and the coy mortars, a reinforcing leg platoon too, a super-bazooka section
- added NK AAA (they were defenceless otherwise), and more grunts to back up the move of the V-hexes to USMC ridge, etc.
- fixed the Su-76 problem

Once I'm happier with it, I'll post on the scenarios sub forum for comments.

As the scenario stands - the USMC have problems with armour which stands off and shoots, but the infantry (in 15 turns) have no chance to close. So just keep the armour busy and you do not lose. Will see what 25 turns does to the equation.

Cheers
Andy

DRG June 26th, 2005 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ioticus said:

Something must have changed between the time the scenario was built and this set of OOB's was issued. Usually in this case it's a unit that's deleted which affects nothing EXCEPT an old scenario

Attached is a replacement that fixes the problem. UNzipp it to your Scenarios folder

ioticus June 27th, 2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

DRG said:
Quote:

ioticus said:

Something must have changed between the time the scenario was built and this set of OOB's was issued. Usually in this case it's a unit that's deleted which affects nothing EXCEPT an old scenario

Attached is a replacement that fixes the problem. UNzipp it to your Scenarios folder

Thanks, you guys give great support!

Randy June 27th, 2005 03:27 AM

I was just playing that same scenario on SPMBTv3 (dos) and the same thing occured. It might be that scenario wasn't coded correctly.

Skirmisher June 27th, 2005 08:25 PM

Quote:

Randy said:
I was just playing that same scenario on SPMBTv3 (dos) and the same thing occured. It might be that scenario wasn't coded correctly.

All you need to do to fix it is go into editor and replace the su-76's with new ones,then theres no problem.

PDF June 29th, 2005 07:39 AM

Got the problem too with Scen 1, it's fun to have invisible (but unarmored as well!) tanks http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif !
It can be fixed easily by editing the scenario units and changing the missing SU-76 with a SU-76m that exists in the NK OOB.