.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Problems with Fullscreen (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52740)

Isto July 8th, 2021 05:08 PM

Problems with Fullscreen

I am trying to launch WinSPMBT on fullscreen in my windows 10 laptop computer.

I have used several settings from the menu but none seems to work, it gives these announcements. Hope i can get it working to make better video reports.

First it says this:

SAL Error

IpDD -> SetDisplayMode() Failed, code 80004001

Then it says this:

SAL Error

DirectDraw could not be initialized! Error code 80004001

Mobhack July 8th, 2021 06:34 PM

Re: Problems with Fullscreen

So, have you read the sticky thread above titled Full screen issues and a solution or two?

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50632

DRG July 9th, 2021 04:59 AM

If those solutions don't work for you, read the game guide section right near the start titled "Game Requirements"(It's backgrounded in blue, you can't miss it.)

Inside that section is a link to Borderless gaming which is a simple program that will run the game as a window that looks like fullscreen

Isto July 9th, 2021 01:02 PM

Setting screen resolution the same than game resolution still gives the error, and that program i downloaded also does not fix the issue, even while the screen resolution is still matched with the game resolution.

Isto July 9th, 2021 01:04 PM

I also seem to have problem within the forum which is strange, that i cannot edit my posts.

The program gives full screen, but the screen is still as windowed and the full screen is achieved by adding a black colour outside the windowed screen.

Quite a problem.

DRG July 9th, 2021 03:24 PM

Are you running the game in desktop mode?

Borderless gaming should work perfectly. I did for me when I first tested it and other have reported it does for them as well.

NOTE that in the "Game Requirements" section of the GG we do say ....

Camo Workshop no longer supports full screen mode

The only reason it's still left in is for the few who can get it to run usually on older computers and OS

jivemi July 9th, 2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isto (Post 850673)
I also seem to have problem within the forum which is strange, that i cannot edit my posts.

IIRC you have to double-click the Edit button to make it work. Same hitch flummoxed me at one time :).

Isto July 25th, 2021 07:55 AM

I am personally fine playing without having full screen, but the problem arises when creating video reports on YouTube.

Currently i am not recording my games to make video reports as the quality without Fullscreen is too bad, so i think it is not worth creating at all. My eyes start to hurt when watching those, the resolution is somehow blurry and this does not occur with other games that uses fullscreen.

This only means that there are less Steel Panther content on YouTube, it does not affect the gameplay.

I will try making video reports again if and when i get a new computer, so probably takes at least years to try again.

I would ask for not to disable the fullscreen option.

DRG July 25th, 2021 01:25 PM

The bottom line is if you run the game windowed in Desktop mode but would rather have fullscreen then Borderless gaming will solve your problem.

If you don't like desktop mode we'd like to know why

If the reason you are not using desktop mode is that you are still running the demo then you might consider upgrading

zovs66 July 25th, 2021 02:43 PM

Full screen has been disabled for many years or it just has not (needed to) worked since you can use borderless gaming if you really want that. I don’t think borderless gaming works for the demo game because the screen res is hard coded and locked iirc.

So if you purchase the full game you should be all set.