.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Wishlist: Wishlist (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=33706)

Gandalf Parker March 9th, 2007 01:31 PM

Wishlist

Most of my wishlist items are on the
Server Wishlist or the Mappers Wishlist (and I should mention there is also a Modders Wishlist )

But one thing Id like to have in the regular game is maybe a Shft-L to take me to the next lab. Probably not a big thing for most players but on large-maps/long-games it would be handy.

JayThomas March 9th, 2007 01:43 PM

Re: Wishlist

Or even a map icon like a temple. It's a chore to right-click everywhere.

Or show an icon on the F1 summary page would be OK.

But I do like your keypad shortcut the best.

Maybe all three! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Baalz March 9th, 2007 03:55 PM

My wishes are for things to reduce micro management and let me spend more time doing the fun stuff.

1) A way to auto-forge an item every month just like you can cast a spell.
2) Blood sacrificers should automatically take blood slaves from the lab if it's available.
3) Auto target for site finding spells needs to take into account what other instances of it are targeting. Currently this is only usable if you just use a single site searcher.

SelfishGene March 9th, 2007 04:39 PM

A NEW ORDER FOR DEFENDING BUT ACTIVE TROOPS that lets me skip them.

That's the biggest thing since i've played Dominions 2. Many times i have lots of subcommanders or other lesser commanders, like scouts that i want to leave in place and not cycle through each turn. Yet, any commander with a "defend" or "hide" default order gets cycled with the N hotkey. I'd like to be able to put some of these units to "sleep" and be able to skip them when scrolling through N since i have no intention of moving them.

Meglobob March 9th, 2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Baalz said:
1) A way to auto-forge an item every month just like you can cast a spell.

How do you autocast ritual spells? Mine always clear from month to month. I have been playing 6 months, I should really know this by now, but I don't.

thejeff March 9th, 2007 04:59 PM

Second the skipping commanders on defend or hide.

I'd rather it be a one turn thing. Have 'n' bring me to them once a turn, so I remember they exist, then let me set them 'done' so it doesn't come back to them again.

Ctrl-M autocasts rituals.

Baalz March 9th, 2007 05:14 PM

I think it's shift-M, not ctrl. Several of the keyboard shortcuts use capital letters as different commands than lower case ones. Cap Z for instance (I think) pools all blood slaves from the selected commanders into the lab (great for blood hunting)

lch March 9th, 2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

thejeff said:
Ctrl-M autocasts rituals.

Shift-M, actually.

I'd like to see the AI handle assassination attempts differently. Even if scripted to do so, better don't use buffs or powerful combat magic that's meant for lots of units, if it makes the mage unconcious from the fatigue. (scripting Earthquake is only asking for trouble)

The infamous "archers not set to Fire like to enter melee as soon as possible" should be fixed, too. Archers should only enter melee if they can attack an enemy unit within one round, and use their ranged weapons otherwise. Also, archers that do more damage with ranged attacks (Flaming arrows) than with melee should prefer to fire their arrows instead of entering hand-to-hand combat.

thejeff March 9th, 2007 05:23 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry

Xietor March 9th, 2007 05:35 PM

1. Some type of auto search, where a mage will move from province to province searching for magical sites.

2. Some sort of bless sacred troops command so that is all a priest will do until that is done, including moving into range to bless them.

3. as mentioned above, a "sleep" command so 5 commanders in fort do not have to be cycled through with next commander key

4. Highlight troops with afflictions command so they can be removed from the rest of the army.