.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   MAPS! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24609)

DRG June 23rd, 2005 04:37 PM

MAPS!

Use this thread to post end user created maps for use in WinSPMBT

Don

AB July 4th, 2005 05:59 PM

Korean Maps

1 Attachment(s)
2 x Korea in Winter maps (from a long time ago)

AB July 4th, 2005 07:31 PM

3 desert maps

1 Attachment(s)
These are three large maps of the Western Desert of Egypt between El Alamein and Alexandria, done for an unpublished alternative history campaign (Hell-on-Wheels, 2nd AD). Use as you wish.

AB July 4th, 2005 07:35 PM

Three jungle Maps

1 Attachment(s)
three jungle maps from various unpublished campaigns. These are modifications of others maps (don't know who or i'd credit them)

AB July 4th, 2005 07:40 PM

Ukraine and Russian maps

1 Attachment(s)
an original map of the Ukraine in the fall, and a modified map (bastogne), changed to a russian blizzard map.

Pepper July 8th, 2005 04:00 PM

Re: MAPS!

A quick question -- is there any reason maps cannot be any larger than 200x160 or whatever the max is now? I sure would love to be able to do a 2000x2000 map -- that would really test your tactical use of recon, forward observers, supply lines, etc.

Seems like it shouldn't require much in terms of engine editing, although the AI perhaps couldn't handle it. But really, as long as the max force isn't raised, shouldn't it be possible?

DRG July 9th, 2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Pepper said:
A quick question -- is there any reason maps cannot be any larger than 200x160 or whatever the max is now? I sure would love to be able to do a 2000x2000 map -- that would really test your tactical use of recon, forward observers, supply lines, etc.

Seems like it shouldn't require much in terms of engine editing, although the AI perhaps couldn't handle it. But really, as long as the max force isn't raised, shouldn't it be possible?

Becasue 32,000 hexes ( 200x160 ) was the maximum number of hexes the game can handle. It already bogs down even some modern machines. A 2000x2000 map is 4000000 hexes ( 4 million ) Imagine the size of the save files ! Imagine the delays as the program wrote info on 4 million hexes at the end of every turn.

Keep in mind the original game allowed three map sizes to a maximum of 100x80 and we now allow 285 different sizes from 20x20 up to 200x160.

Also keep in mind that a 2000x2000 hex map represents an area 100km x 100km and even if it WERE possible ( and it's not ) that takes this game WELL beyond what it's intended to represent

Pepper July 9th, 2005 08:00 PM

I certainly appreciate the game and all your work. Thanks for the quick explanation!

Alpha August 15th, 2005 05:17 PM

i would need a map of a radar inst. on a wooded hill and another one with bridge and main road about it....german terrain type. more info on thread about my bundeswehr camp. thanx!

tempes156 September 15th, 2005 07:31 PM

Re: Maps

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for a good map maker. If anyone is interested, please pm me. Attached is a large overhead of the area i'm wanting mapped.

Tempes

blazejos September 16th, 2005 12:26 PM

Camp Babylon Map

1 Attachment(s)
Map of the Polish base in Iraq "Camp Babylon" near the ruins of the famous antical city Babylon in the middle Iraq

blazejos September 21st, 2005 05:10 PM

88 - Gdansk 1970 map improved

1 Attachment(s)
Better map of the Gdansk city to replace orginal in game made before by me.

blazejos September 23rd, 2005 04:52 PM

Iraq Maps

1 Attachment(s)
Some new maps from My Campaigne in Iraq

- Oil Tanker
- Dam near Bagdad
- city Umm Qasr in Iraq
- Mina Al Bakr offshore oil terminal
- Karbala city suburbs
- Oil Tanker another version

Beeg September 23rd, 2005 05:44 PM

Re: Iraq Maps

Great maps, as always. I use many of the maps you've created. Many years ago, I made a campaign based on Poland Sept. 1939. One of the scenarios involved the assault on Gdansk/Danzig and I realize how much work goes into the maps you make. I wish I had your patience.

My question is how do you place certain buildings on the map, i.e. the oil tanks in the Umm Qasr map you just uploaded...the white round shapes. I cycle through endless buildings before I find the one I need. Is there a better way?

Thanks for your efforts,
Beeg

blazejos September 24th, 2005 10:32 AM

I d'like tell thank you for your intresting of my maps.
Your qestion was how put on maps only one type of buldings for example here fuel tanks. This is in game helps file in editor put buldings and when this is that what you want push ";" and this bulding should be locked when you push this again the bulding is unlocked and you have now difrents buldings.

Beeg September 24th, 2005 10:54 AM

Thanks, I never noticed the ';' key before...it sure is a big help. Another question is how do you find the fuel tank icon...right now I cycle thru all the stone building icons until I find the one I need, but the fuel tank never shows. Is there a way to select certain icons?

Beeg

Weeble September 24th, 2005 12:49 PM

Fuel Tanks

Fuel tanks are an 'Airfield Bulding' type in the 'Special Buildings' selection.

Andy "Weeble" Weaver

WBWilder October 14th, 2005 02:41 AM

Re: Fuel Tanks

Blazejos! YOu are quite the map maker. We should call you the "Magellan" of SPMBT. QUite interesting maps on Iraq. I can tell you worked long and hard on these.

Wild Bill

jamiep1 November 2nd, 2005 04:54 PM

Re: Fuel Tanks

Wow! Excellent maps Blazejos! Thanks for providing these.

Hi Wild Bill!! Glad to see your scenarios here. What a great game, I appreciate all the hard work from all the fine folks involved.

Pepper November 2nd, 2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Beeg said:
Thanks, I never noticed the ';' key before...it sure is a big help. Another question is how do you find the fuel tank icon...right now I cycle thru all the stone building icons until I find the one I need, but the fuel tank never shows. Is there a way to select certain icons?

Beeg

beeg - AFAIK there is no way to select any particular building icon, I think you just have to cycle through them until you get to the one you want.

21sec November 16th, 2005 11:54 PM

Fulda Gap

Here is the first in what I hope will be a series of maps based on actuall terrain in Germany. This particular map is from an area in the infamous Fulda Gap. I have also included a bmp image of the area. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

21sec November 17th, 2005 12:00 AM

Re: Fulda Gap

1 Attachment(s)
Try this again.....Here is the first in what I hope will be a series of maps based on actuall terrain in Germany. This particular map is from an area in the infamous Fulda Gap. I have also included a bmp image of the area. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

JaM November 18th, 2005 11:36 AM

Nice map! Fulda Gap fighting is my favorite...

21sec November 18th, 2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

JaM said:
Nice map! Fulda Gap fighting is my favorite...

Thanks, I think I will do one more Fulda map, probably near the Hunfeld area and the "Three Sisters". After that I will switch to a different part of Germany.

Chapman2424 February 8th, 2006 07:34 PM

Request : Maps

Looking for the following maps (types) if anyone has something similar to these can they post them - please and thanks.

1. Desert Beach-head - similar to Iraqi defense of Kuwaiti shoreline
2. Desert Airfield
3. Balkan/Yugo Airfield Map
4. Desert City Large
5. Yugo/Balkan City LARGE
6. Desert and Yugo/Balkan River Crossing
7. Balkan Moutain terrain (????) Don't know if its possible

If anyone has Yugo Civil War Maps or Iran/Iraq & Persian Gulf War or OIF maps - could they post them please....thx

Cheers,

Stephen

Chapman2424 February 8th, 2006 08:25 PM

Re: Request : Maps

Disregard the majority of my request guys - I just found all the maps available with the 2.5 version - my bad.

Anyways does anyone have a map of Baghdad Int'l Airport for a mission ? I am looking for a civilian airport for desert AND for Balkan based scenarios (maybe a Sarajevo Airport Map ????) if anyone has something similar that would be great - most of the other requests can be disregarded. But I still require a Kuwait Coastal Map if possible - much appreciated - thanks.

Cheers,

Stephen

Alpha February 18th, 2006 09:08 AM

Hi,

any more of the nice cold war german maps out there ?

RecruitMonty April 17th, 2007 03:40 PM

Anyone know where I can find maps of Siberia that I can port into the game?

marsorder November 2nd, 2007 04:58 PM

Can some on confirm that I have the correct map scale calculations. Or make correction / suggestions

1 hex equals 150 feet
I mile equals 5280 feet
35 hexes equals approx. 1 Mile

Thank you.
Marsorder

zaphod72 December 12th, 2008 11:03 AM

Maps of Greek-Turkish border

1 Attachment(s)
I am preparing a campaign over the Greek-Turkish borders (heavy armor). It is based on a "what if" scenario during the "Imia-Kardak crisis" in 1996 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imia).
According to this scenario, a month after the events, an incident in Thrace rises the tension again leading eventually to war.
There will be about 8 maps in the area of Thrace. At the present time I have completed four of them.

400. Edirne (140x160)
401. Orestiada (160x120)
402. Didimoteicho (160x140)
403. Mandra, Lavara (140x100)

Koh December 13th, 2008 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a 140 x 140 map of south east Finland I made for a PBEM game against a friend. It worked pretty well so I thought I'd share.

Uses slot 0 so rename the files based on your needs.

- Koh

redcoat2 December 15th, 2008 12:47 PM

Re: Maps of Greek-Turkish border

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod72 (Post 659471)
I am preparing a campaign over the Greek-Turkish borders (heavy armor). It is based on a "what if" scenario during the "Imia-Kardak crisis" in 1996 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imia).
According to this scenario, a month after the events, an incident in Thrace rises the tension again leading eventually to war.
There will be about 8 maps in the area of Thrace. At the present time I have completed four of them.

400. Edirne (140x160)
401. Orestiada (160x120)
402. Didimoteicho (160x140)
403. Mandra, Lavara (140x100)

Thanks for the maps. I keep meaning to play a hypothetical Greece-Turkey random battle - 1974 or 1996 - and now I will be able to use a map from the actual frontier.

Artaud January 15th, 2009 08:30 PM

Is anybody out there making city maps? Especially "center of city" maps about 50 x 50 to 80 x 80 in size.

I can't believe I'm the only one who is interested in city fighting.

Artaud January 25th, 2009 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since there don't seem to be many generic city maps around, I decided to make one. It's time to give something back to the community! :)

Here is my first MBT map. This is a small, nicely landscaped fictional capital city, 60x70. It should be fun for short scenarios showcasing government vs rebel fighting, coup attempts, etc.

Please tell me what you think.

Enjoy!

(In my game I have it in map slot 317)

Marek_Tucan January 26th, 2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artaud (Post 667384)
Is anybody out there making city maps? Especially "center of city" maps about 50 x 50 to 80 x 80 in size.

I am toying with an idea of making the center of Prague for SP, so maybe... maybe... ;)

zaphod72 January 29th, 2009 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artaud (Post 667384)

I can't believe I'm the only one who is interested in city fighting.

Here a 50x60 map of the "military district" of Athens.
Have a nice day :)

Marek_Tucan January 29th, 2009 06:41 PM

New map ready.
Available HERE.

Marek_Tucan February 13th, 2009 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW MAP ALERT!

Originally thought I will finish a surface... err, finish of the large Czech map I am doing, but frankly, the green is soo boring after a while... Plus today evening a document on asteroid impacts was on our TV. It inspired me. So here is the famous US Meteor/Barringer/Canon Diablo Crater. 60x70 hexes. Map slot 399. Source used: exclusively Google Earth. Just a few quick map overlays to get the contour lines.

EDIT: Oh, altitude levels from 0 to 9.

Preview here:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4...rpretj1.th.png

Enjoy!

(copyright stuff the usual: use as you like, if use it in scenario or so, mention me in the credits, use at your own risk only yadda yadda :))

EDIT 2: fat fingers and sleepy eyes syndromes :)
EDIT 3 and hopefully last: realised that you prolly aren't psychokinetics, so I have to upload the map here for you to obtain it. I really should not post here so late in the evening :doh: :)

junk2drive February 13th, 2009 10:38 PM

If this is the famous Meteor Crater in Northern Arizona, I have been there and this looks pretty close.

If not, it looks pretty close anyway, lol.

Well worth the time to see it if you are in the area.

Marek_Tucan February 14th, 2009 03:56 AM

Yep, it is the one. It was in the documentary as a classic example of an impact crater, so I told immediately to myself "this would be an interesting map" :)

Koh February 15th, 2009 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been working on a number of scenarios and I decided to share some of the maps I made for them. Attached is a pack of five maps, all from various locations in Finland. I've tried to pick locations which allow for diverse terrain instead of mere impassable woods or uninhabited wilderness. References used vary from 1:40000 maps to 1:1000 maps to having been there. Uses slots 300-304, so rename if neccessary.

The maps included are:
SE Finland 140x140 (already included in an earlier post in this thread, slightly improved version)
Hirvikoski 120x120
Joensuu 120x120
Kustavi 120x120
Marienhamn, Aland 140x140

I hope you can enjoy the maps. Feel free to use them in scenarios if you wish, just give me credit for the map.

- Koh

Skirmisher February 15th, 2009 02:45 PM

I downloaded the map pack. May I ask what force's are fighting in the scenario's your making? When I look at the maps and try to decide what combatants should be present, I keep thinking Finland vs Russia.

Koh February 15th, 2009 04:10 PM

SE Finland and Joensuu were designed with Finland vs Russia in mind, while Hirvikoski, Marienhamn and Kustavi were designed for a scenario pack featuring Finland vs Sweden. However, all of the maps are well suited for Finland vs Russia fighting, as Russia reaching the western coast of Finland or performing a landing on Aland islands is not too far fetched.

SE Finland and Joensuu are both located near the eastern border of Finland, so Finland vs Sweden all the way back there would be a bit of a stretch, however.

- Koh

marsorder May 14th, 2009 12:26 AM

Falujah, Iraq 2004

2 Attachment(s)
Attached is a map of FALUJAH, IRAQ. I designed this for an OPERATION VIGILANT RESOLVE (APRIL 2004) scenario I am currently completing. The order of battle is proving to be the most difficult aspect of the design. I will follow this up with a map/scenario of OPERATION AL-FAJR (NOV 2004)

SLOT NUMBER 350

Any comments, corrections, suggestions, and or feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank You
Marsorder

Sources:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Fallujah

Global Security: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...nt-resolve.htm

Strategy & Tactics Number 247 Battle of Fallujah by David R Higgins

The Atlantic http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200407/kaplan

No True Glory: A Frontline Account of the Battle for Fallujah, by Bing West

Epoletov___SPR August 29th, 2009 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Four map I have made these for campaign "Bad Kissingen ' 85".

To be continued...

Muhlfeld, Germany 120x120
To the east Eichenhausen, Germany 120x120
Mellrichstadt, Germany 120x120
Oberstreu, Germany 120x120

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...etov/34_10.jpg

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q..._19__32_18.jpg

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q..._11__33_12.jpg

Koh August 29th, 2009 03:31 PM

The game crashes every time I try to access the map list page where those maps are located. The problem was fixed when I removed the map name files. Possibly one or several of the map names is too long and causes the game to crash.

- Koh

Epoletov___SPR August 29th, 2009 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the help!

I earlier renamed map-files into a program "Notebook".
Now I have renamed map-files in WinSPMBT.
The problem has disappeared.

Muhlfeld, Germany 120x120
Saal an der Saale, Germany 120x120
Mellrichstadt, Germany 120x120
Oberstreu, Germany 120x120

Mobhack August 29th, 2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koh (Post 707671)
The game crashes every time I try to access the map list page where those maps are located. The problem was fixed when I removed the map name files. Possibly one or several of the map names is too long and causes the game to crash.

- Koh

The other thing (as mentioned in the manuals) that can cause crashes is if some foreign-language ASCII is used. The game only tolerates plain English standard characters as found on the UK/USA keyboards, no graves, cedillas or umlauts etc.

Andy

Epoletov___SPR September 16th, 2009 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reuthof, Germany 120x120
Hainhof, Germany 120x120
Wood - Rodles, Germany 120x120

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...etov/31_10.jpg

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...etov/25_12.jpg

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...etov/34_12.jpg

Epoletov___SPR October 10th, 2009 07:18 AM