.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: MA Aotearoa: Age of Whakapapa (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44316)

the Vanishag November 11th, 2009 03:11 PM

MA Aotearoa: Age of Whakapapa

1 Attachment(s)
This is my follow-up to EA Alchera, and will be more strongly focused on Maori myth and tradition (the LA nation will be mostly Australian Aboriginal with Dominions-specific content).

Some features of Aotearoa:

* more Tohungas, including inexpensive priests of Rongo (god of agriculture/cultivation), a "women's cult" of Hine-nui-te-po (goddess of death/the dead), and a capital only Great Tohunga (name subject to change) with Holy 3 and mostly random magic (of all the types practiced by other Tohungas, except for Hinu-ne-po's death magic).

* sacred warriors with moko (geneological tattoos) connecting them to one of the gods/spirits of Aotearoa - there will probably be capital-only te moko warriors of Tawhiri (on-bless flight) and Tangaroa (amphibious), plus recruitable anywhere te moko of Tu (slightly stronger and tougher than the other two)

* new summons, including flying and shapechanging Penanggalan/Hantu Penanggal (they'll look like Priestesses of Hine-nui-tepo in one form, and flying vampire heads in the other) and Patupaiarehe - invisible aboriginal people/goblins (basically, summonable Dreamtime Warriors - the "trace" of the Alchera left in Aoteroa)

* changes in spells: loss of Walkabout and Follow Songlines, but gain "Whakanoa" ("to make not-sacred"), a H2 spell that curses enemy priests and sacreds (like Anathema)

Update: v0.1 -raw prototype-
* has new units and spells, but no new art,
* so most of the art consists of placeholders from EA Alchera - redundant and confusing for the moment, I'll fix it "soon"
* spells untested
* more units, spells and heroes forthcoming
* some "EA Alchera" stuff will probably be cut

HoneyBadger November 13th, 2009 06:01 PM

Re: MA Aotearoa: Age of Whakapapa

This looks great. I've been hoping for a Maori mod. I wish you every success.

Sombre November 17th, 2009 12:30 PM

Alchera I thought was an excellent nation if a bit weak, so I look forward to this.

HoneyBadger November 17th, 2009 02:28 PM

Weak is good though, really. It's, generally, so much easier to make a Nation stronger, than it is to nerf it.

the Vanishag December 15th, 2009 10:21 PM

Thank you, HoneyBadger, Sombre. I've been wanting to get back to this but haven't had time until just now.

Sombre December 16th, 2009 07:02 AM

Post up some pics as soon as able is my advice. Pics are 'what whets whistles', as Abraham Lincoln used to say.