.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Situation of Viet War Pack for WinMBT? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=26560)

Warhero October 25th, 2005 02:16 PM

Situation of Viet War Pack for WinMBT?

Laurent, if you see this, could you give us some update ok?

junk2drive October 25th, 2005 02:19 PM

Re: Situation of Viet War Pack for WinMBT?

I'm interested too.

Ambush7169 October 26th, 2005 06:44 PM

Hello,

I have a lot of work, but there will be (in late) a WinSPMBT Viet War Pack !

Best regards,
Laurent

Warhero November 10th, 2005 05:11 PM

Laurent, any hope to release it until 2005 ending? Or sometimes 2006?

thatguy96 November 10th, 2005 08:00 PM

What are the contents going to be? Are you looking to add in a lot of new units, or primarily just new campaigns and scenarios?

Ambush7169 November 11th, 2005 02:57 PM

Hello !

Warhero, the Win SPMBT pack would be released until 2005 ending, but, I have a lot of work http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/Injured.gif
When I have time, I work on it.

For the content Thatguy96, that's right : you'll find a lot of new weapons, units (with new icons), new formations, corrections for both, scenarios and campaigns !

Best regards,
Laurent

thatguy96 November 11th, 2005 04:13 PM

Interesting, I've been working on a number of these things for my own personal use, so I'm interested to see how your's will differ from mine. Probably a lot, given that you probably have a better idea of how to properly represent the values for various unit attributes.

Also, out of curiousity are you a veteran or a historian? I personally am neither (well at least right now, give it another 7 months and I should have two undergraduate degrees), so I'm just interested to see where you interest and background is.

Warhero November 13th, 2005 02:44 PM

Laurent, I have one wish. Please, release "basic" files (oobs/icons) first, then scens/campaigns sometimes later (like Camo guys did sometimes) ok? This way we (potential players) could come "familiar" with new units/formations in generated battles. I suppose that those scens/campaign progress/testing will need more time than oobs?

Can't wait to see your oobs and icons (which were very impressive in dos version)!

Warhero

Warhero November 27th, 2005 11:52 AM

Any updates Laurent?

Warhero December 25th, 2005 05:49 PM

Just bump. Same question as above;)...

Ambush7169 December 26th, 2005 09:33 AM

Hello,

Sorry for this delay. I have some concerns in my life. So, the pack is by now stopped. I think I'll restart to work on it in a few days. But I can't give any date of release.

Best regards,
Laurent

Warhero December 31st, 2014 08:06 AM

Hi Laurent, well I had to reinstall that VWP files but every time as I launch WinSPMBT, I get only CTD:(... I copied all files (oobs/icons etc.) but if I press "battle" or "editor" same thing happens. Finally I had to run latest 8.0. patch to get WinSPMBT to work properly. Hopefully you are still here in forum? Any help?

PS. If possible, please reup your dos SPMBT version of Viet War Pack into somewhere and give me link ok? I still play dos version and it would be great to have older mod there too;)...

Warhero

troopie January 2nd, 2015 01:57 AM

Here Is Version .081

1 Attachment(s)
It's The Latest I have.

troopie

Warhero January 2nd, 2015 07:59 AM

Thanks but I already have 0.81 version to WinSPMBT. I think that battle.shp is somehow "corrupted" because CTD. I just left it from reinstall and everything else seems to be ok (well some units have wrong sounds but it's just minor "fail";))...

All I need now is that DOS version files. I would like to add VWP files into my SPMBT v.3.1 as part of my "SP archives";)...

Warhero

Warhero January 17th, 2015 05:51 AM

FYI:I have finally got both mod files:)!!! So, there's no need to search/send me anything...

Thanks

Warhero

Warhero January 21st, 2015 04:48 PM

Btw, has anybody complained before this about sound "errors" in this WinSPMBT Viet War Pack? Especially in South Vietnam/USA oobs are some guns which have wrong sounds (tank cannon sounds like "zipgun", some rifles/mgs have bazooka/explotion sounds etc.):(... Any corrections made after publishing mod? Any patch?

Warhero

DRG January 21st, 2015 06:17 PM

That will be because those OOB's predate the change we made that put sound file info in the weapons data and those sounds take precedence so if you want to stop that go through all those OOB's weapons data and set "weapon sound" to zero

Mobhack January 21st, 2015 07:43 PM

Moved to the correct forum as this is a 3rf party mod, and apparently no longer supported.

Warhero January 23rd, 2015 07:11 AM

Thanks Don about tip:)! I changed almost all sounds to 0 with Mobhack and now it's ok. Well it's big task but really worth of doing;)...

Warhero

iln82 August 26th, 2015 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Easy solution to the sound problem: Install only the 6.0 consolidation patch.
BTW I tried the "set weapon sound to zero" method suggested above and it didn't work.
The new Battle.shp only changes the flags in the battle screen (where you select the opponents and the type of engagement); it has no other effect in the game whatsoever...
On the subject of the current state of the Vietnam War Pack, I did contact thatguy96 on another forum back in 2012 and he told me that he had stopped working on it due to work commitments and anyway didn't seem to me to be much interested in the game any more.
While the work done by him is generally excellent, his ARVN & NVA OOBs have quite a few errors, so i'm posting these corrected versions for those that downloaded the mod.
I basically added missing types (eg M107 SPGs for ARVN), changed the availability dates for some types (NVA now uses ZSU-23-4 during the 1975 fighting) and removed some non-existent (Chinese-built BTR-40s & BTR-152 for NVA) or inaccurate (M108s for ARVN, JSU-152 for NVA) types.

Warhero August 27th, 2015 02:56 PM

Thank you Iln82 about corrected oobs:)!

Warhero

Warhero August 27th, 2015 03:05 PM

Btw are those made for DOS or WinSPMBT mod version? I want to be sure before installing them into game...

Warhero

iln82 August 27th, 2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhero (Post 831266)
Btw are those made for DOS or WinSPMBT mod version? I want to be sure before installing them into game...

Warhero

The mods are for the Vietnam War Pack made by thatguy96 for the WinSPMBT posted here:

https://sites.google.com/site/spreadsheetcommando/vtc

iln82 October 19th, 2021 02:43 AM

The link posted above is dead.

If someone wants to download it, the mod has been posted as an attachment here:

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/show...8&postcount=13

Warhero October 19th, 2021 10:56 AM

Thanks but I meant only DOS-based mod for SPMBT v3.1...