.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Shrapnel General (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dominions 2 preorder? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=15458)

Vger September 18th, 2003 01:40 AM

Dominions 2 preorder?

Hi,

I've looked everywhere on your web site and don't see anything about preordering Dominions 2. Could you tell me when I will be able to order the game? I'm most eager to have it and don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

Thanks mucho,
V'ger gone

Richard September 18th, 2003 02:28 PM

Re: Dominions 2 preorder?

Very soon. Keep checking badck for details.

Atrocities September 18th, 2003 05:44 PM

What is this game about?

Psitticine September 18th, 2003 07:23 PM

In a nutshell, it is a turn-based strategy game where you try to lead a "Pretender God" to a position of supreme promenence following the disappearing of the previous supreme being. You need to spread your Dominion (the strength of your follower's belief in you) in addition to conquering new provinces for their various forms of income.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though. There's a huge amount of content in the game!

Taz-in-Space September 30th, 2003 04:56 AM

Is there a demo for Dominions 2?
What are the requirements to run it?
Any screenshots available?

Richard September 30th, 2003 05:10 AM

Just check out the product page off our home page.

The demo will be out in the coming weeks.

Max October 25th, 2003 03:20 AM

Not sure if this has already been asked, but are there plans to port/release other games on Mac OS X?

thanks,

-Max

Fyron October 27th, 2003 03:28 AM

Dominions is not really "ported" to the Mac OS, so much as designed from the ground up to have all code that is OS specific in separate files, so as to make it able to be written to work on other OS easily. Other Shrapnel games would take a huge amount of work to port to Mac or other OS than Windows.

StormcloudCreations October 27th, 2003 08:13 PM

Actually, I could port Trader 2 to the MAC OS X and System OS'es fairly easily (though a little rewriting might be necessary, but it doesn't use DirectX or any Windows exclusive stuff), but I have to ask myself: would there be enough interest to warrant the extra work? I wasn't too sure, which is why I didn't do it to begin with.

Gandalf Parker February 24th, 2004 06:06 PM

I know this thread has aged abit but it seemed like a good time to put in an observation. We seem to have a fair number of non-windows Users in the Dominions2 forum. Im not sure if their numbers alone would make it worthwhile.

There would be an advantage of getting more conversation about your titles if its ported to machines where there are so few games available. Mentions in non-OS specific forums might lead to sales in the Windows area.

Mostly, what I feel is that for any game which has a host mode I think that a linux Version makes it easier to develop a web front-end game-server. But I might be biased in that.

-- Of course its possible. Its a computer. Impossible is just a technicians term which translates as "I could do it but its probably not worth the time and effort it would take"