.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Ability to turn off types of ammo - wish (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24341)

Weasel June 23rd, 2005 08:08 PM

Ability to turn off types of ammo - wish

Howdy Folks; First I would like to give a BIG THANKS to all those that built this version of MBT; great job!

My question is thus: Would it possible (in future release) to mod the game engine so a player could turn off certain types of ammo just as a player can turn off weapons? Nothing is more frustrating then watching your MBT fire off all it's SABOT rounds at an AFV and then fire pumpkin HEAT rounds at a MBT. Being able to turn off the ammo until you want to fire it would be great.

Just wondering.

Thanks Again;

Weasel

Ramm March 11th, 2009 08:03 PM

Re: Ability to turn off types of ammo - wish

I couldn't agree more, but I looks like that will never happen with this game.

Thanks,

Andrew

Mobhack March 11th, 2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramm (Post 679481)
I couldn't agree more, but I looks like that will never happen with this game.

Thanks,

Andrew

It simply will not be happening at all.

It is too much micro-level control for the battalion or brigade commander - and it would mean examining thousands of lines of code on the off chance they refer to ammo in some way. And that is just the firing code. Then there are changes required to the interface code as well.

Andy

Ramm March 11th, 2009 09:50 PM

If it is impossible, or impossible without reprogramming the entire code bundle then I'm against it as well Andy. I think you have enough on your plate for now.

Sincerely,
Andrew

DRG March 12th, 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 360493)
Howdy Folks; First I would like to give a BIG THANKS to all those that built this version of MBT; great job!

My question is thus: Would it possible (in future release) to mod the game engine so a player could turn off certain types of ammo just as a player can turn off weapons? Nothing is more frustrating then watching your MBT fire off all it's SABOT rounds at an AFV and then fire pumpkin HEAT rounds at a MBT. Being able to turn off the ammo until you want to fire it would be great.

Just wondering.

Thanks Again;

Weasel

As Andy said, it's not going to happen for a number of reasons but perhaps you could give me us an example of the situation you described where sabot was fired at AFV's and HEAT and MBT's. A save game would be nice. Maybe at the least a date and who fired at who with what ? There are plenty of examples in the game where a guns HEAT ammo has greater penetrating power than it's "sabot"

Don