.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Avernum, Crystal Souls v1.5 UPDATE (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=33216)

DaveCG July 13th, 2008 10:51 PM

Re: New Nation(s): Exile/Avernum

AS I said in the other thread (and dammit I'll say it here too) I love this mod, so many great memories of playing exile with my dad, I used to really love the sprites in the game, and this mod is one of thoses "HA! remember this guy dad?" so yeah, basically thanks alot again Sombre, and still managing to get my *** kicked by MA evil rome, dammit! I'll have my day yet...

Sombre September 20th, 2008 07:32 PM

Re: Avernum, Crystal Souls v1.5 UPDATE

Updated to v1.5

-- TWEAK - Vahn ranger greatly reduced in cost

-- TWEAK - Vahn mages and shapers slightly increased in price

-- TWEAK - Avernite mage nerfed a bit

-- TWEAK - Costs of various commaners fine tuned

-- TWEAK - Stealth of Nephil normalised at 10

-- FIX - Moved nametypes to overwrite ea ulm ones, since we've run out and Avernum is an MA nation

Aezeal September 20th, 2008 07:51 PM

I played exile in the past (from a multi game CD lying around in the house of an ex GF of mine,( it was already outdated then and this was like 8 years ago), when she did homework I was playing the game in the same room) When we went less to her parents (when she went to higher schooling too) and later when we broke up I lost track of the game (I don't think I came very far.

Anyway enough of the background story:

Would it be a game to start playing again now or would I just get annoyed at the graphics (which usually don't bother me much really) or the gameplay and story (very important these last 2)

Kristoffer O September 21st, 2008 02:26 AM

I imagine you would like it. It was a while since I tried it, but I liked it. Graphics are no more outdated then dom3 :)

Sombre September 21st, 2008 04:36 AM

I can't speak for the 'avernum' update but Exile III is one of the best rpgs of all time imo.

Sombre September 21st, 2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aezeal (Post 639371)
it was already outdated then and this was like 8 years ago

Also that's no way to talk about your ex girlfriend.

Aezeal September 21st, 2008 06:41 AM

hehe

Well it's just the way it is Sombre.. my feeling clouded my mind then... now I'm seeing it clearly. (And to quote myself "I'm not a nice guy")

Yeah I was looking around for exile and read that avernum 1-3 are remakes of the exile games. I think I'll try those a bit.. unless someone tells me a lot was lost in translation...

Humakty September 21st, 2008 12:36 PM

I've tried avernum 5, it is good but really hard : you have almost no explication about the game in the manual, but you have complete solution and cheat codes ! It is a bit linear, you can't really choose were to go, and if you want to get the plot, you'll have to read tons of text.

Zebion December 29th, 2008 05:08 PM

Is this still being worked on? I would love to see a working empire with garzhad as the anti-thesis to erika instead of hawthorne though.

This looks to be incredible though

Sombre December 29th, 2008 07:48 PM

I currently have no plans to do an 'empire' nation to oppose this one.

I will still update this and any of my mods when the mood takes me, or if something drastically needs to be done.

Give it a go, Zebion, and let me know what you think. I'm pretty good at fixing problems people bring to me, even adding stuff if they have very good ideas.