.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Wrap around Water: THE map for an underwater game (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36077)

Aezeal September 14th, 2007 02:15 PM

Wrap around Water: THE map for an underwater game

1 Attachment(s)
Yes people the highly anticipated Wrap around Water map is finally finished.

It took all of my mapping and modding skills (and you'll soon see what that means) and 3 days to create this ULTIMATE underwater action packed battle map.

Features:
1. The 7 underwater races in one map (use the Wrap around Water.dm file for this)
2. A high resolution graphics wrap around map of 153 water provinces and 27 land provinces.
3. 4 highly modded on land provinces with riches beyond measure for those who dare exit the water.
4. playable by 2-7 players
5. Exceptionally usefull for multiplayer games due to the somewhat symetrical build up of the map.

So DOWNLOAD this map and mod NOW for THE ULTIMATE UNDERWATER EXPERIENCE

Aezeal September 14th, 2007 02:17 PM

Re: Wrap around Water: THE map for an underwater game

1 Attachment(s)
Disclaimer: thephrase "all things are relative" should be kept in mind when reading above post.

and a picture !!!!!

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...nd%20water.gif

Tichy September 14th, 2007 04:36 PM

This looks like a lot of fun.

Aezeal September 14th, 2007 08:41 PM

Yes I thought so too, everyone wanted wrap around maps, and the only water races part of it seemed somewhat of an original idea.... and everyone wanted symetrical maps for more fairness in MP...

this one has it all, it looks nice too IMHO, the patterns are most of the map and pretty high resolution...

but the number of downloads isn't that much yet.

anyway those who download.. PLEASE play it in SP or MP and let me know what you think in this thread on

1. bugs
2. fairness of the map for MP
3. balance of those races
4. best number of players on this map

Sombre September 15th, 2007 07:17 AM

Ah now this looks like a map worth trying out in SP and MP.

I'll let you know when I do.

Burnsaber September 15th, 2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Sombre said:
Ah now this looks like a map worth trying out in SP and MP.

I'll let you know when I do.

All water MP game would be quite exciting. EA oceania might dominate with it's tasty sacreds. Magic would be in a much reduced role since 90% of spells don't work underwater.

It might be boring and unbalanced, but there is only one way to find out..

Aezeal September 15th, 2007 08:30 AM

I agree, try it out and let me know.. I might even be able to balance things a bit if I know where the unbalanced thingies are.

Sombre September 15th, 2007 08:31 AM

This map might also prove useful for testing UW mod nations, should any actually be made.

I have one planned out (Blood using LA Oceania), I'll get around to it eventually. Possibly sooner rather than later actually.

Aezeal September 15th, 2007 08:55 AM

More underwater nations would be nice, cus it's really a 7 player map which means all races would be used.. more races would mean more diversity

If we get a lot of water races I would even consider redrawing borders to make more provinces so you could play better on it with 10-15 races.

Cor2 September 16th, 2007 03:39 AM

Hurray! I was just tring to make something like this, it did not work, but thats okay now.

I wanted to make an underwater nation mod based on jelly fish. I was inspired by a trip to the aquarium. I will never ever do it though, so somebody please do.