.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What does The Ark do? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=26302)

Glubber October 7th, 2005 07:30 PM

What does The Ark do?

I am facing two players using undead themes in a current MP game. And even though I am able to fend off most of the attacks, they are slowly whittling me away. I am looking at items to help me fend off these creatures, (yes, I have gobs of priests). So now I am looking at magic items besides Herald Lances.

I am curious, what does the magic item, 'The Ark' do? It says it spreads disease among heretics and you need to have sacred troops to use it to be immune. But does it have shafts of light that comes out to kill the undead? I have used this item in other games, and it seems to do diddily.

If all it does is spread disease, seems stupid to use it against the undead and they are already dead and disease isn't going to do squat against them.

Thanks!

shovah October 7th, 2005 07:52 PM

Re: What does The Ark do?

dont know what it does but whats your pretender like?

Glubber October 7th, 2005 07:57 PM

I'm playing Jotunheim and tried using a Rainbow Mage. He's a druid with N9, 1F, 1A, and 1E. (Ran out of points..). I was hoping to boost him up but am running out of time, plus some undead race, Panagea-Carrion Woods or Ermor-AE, ran the Harvester of Sorrows in my home province and now he's rotting...

I wanted to play with Blessing berzerk Woodsman, which went well in the beginning, but now am running out of money. Plus, with all the undead around me, a Giant can't find a decent place to eat anywhere!

NTJedi October 7th, 2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Glubber said:
I am facing two players using undead themes in a current MP game. And even though I am able to fend off most of the attacks, they are slowly whittling me away.
Thanks!

There's a Fire/Astral item which raises both fire and astral by two. It also kills undead and blinds anything living. Use blood to summon the arch devil which has astral and fire magic already and give it to him. Hook him up with some mechanical men and enliven statues. Then have his first spell be Anti-Magic..... and watch your undead enemies quake in fear. Equip the ArchDevil with good items too when you can and have him sit way in the back.

-- Also make sure to give him as much defense as possible.

Glubber October 7th, 2005 08:04 PM

You mean Unholy Light? I've always been afraid to use that as it 'Horror' marks you. But I do still have a steady stream of blood income, and now by searching the boards, I've discovered that you can have more then ONE blood mage in a province!

I'll just have to save up for the Arch Devil. Been using my good +7B mages for casting Imps and Storm Devils.

spirokeat October 7th, 2005 08:06 PM

The forbidden Light
To build Astral 3, Fire 3.

Effect

Fire Bonus 2
Astral Bonus 2

Slays undead
Blinds everyone else ! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...ies/tongue.gif

Holder become horror marked and gets random horror attacks so dont put it on a chump.

Spiro

spirokeat October 7th, 2005 08:08 PM

Glubber, read the Blood simple thread. It has a basic discussion about blood hunting in it.

Spirokeat

NTJedi October 7th, 2005 08:11 PM

If the ArchDevil is properly equipped he'll easily survive any horror attacks from the horror mark. Plus his undead kills will catapult him into the hall of fame.

Example of good equipment:
Blue dragon armor for 75% cold resistance
--helps prevent ghosts from giving him fatigue
Boots of Quickness
--gives +3 defense
Main Gauche (Mage Bane if you got it)
--gives +6 defense
Any shield with high defense and encumberence 1 or less.

Amulet of Missile Protection
Amulet of Resielent(helps remove fatigue for more casting)

Cainehill October 8th, 2005 12:07 AM

Not sure any of those would really help against the highest power horrors that attack.

Wish October 9th, 2005 02:48 PM

the only thing you can do against the doom horrors is buff his magic resistance, to fend off the life drain.

amulet of magic resistence, amon hotep, lead shield, these will help him to survive. (amon hotep also gives him 30 protection)