.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Law of the Commonwealth (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34050)

Amos April 2nd, 2007 07:33 AM

Law of the Commonwealth

1 Attachment(s)
Version 0.13

Juzza April 3rd, 2007 08:29 AM

Re: New Mod: Law of the Commonwealth

Hey there! mind if I share my opinion my opinion of the mod? hope not!

I think things may be almost underpowered considering their cost like, the light blades, they cost, what 16 or 19 gold thats a lot for the weakest unit and their not even particularly worth it, the cold resistance shouldn't really add to the cost that much I mean, the Atlantian deep ones have both 50% fire and cold and they don't cost 16 gold!

So, if I were you, I would lower the units gold cost a little, or make then a tinsy bit tougher, thanks for listing.

Amos April 3rd, 2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Hey there! mind if I share my opinion my opinion of the mod? hope not!

I appreciate any comments.

Quote:

I think things may be almost underpowered considering their cost like, the light blades, they cost, what 16 or 19 gold thats a lot for the weakest unit and their not even particularly worth it, the cold resistance shouldn't really add to the cost that much I mean, the Atlantian deep ones have both 50% fire and cold and they don't cost 16 gold!

I'm not balancing against vanilla (I mean what nation would you balance against? R'lyeh that can summon dozens of Vastness free of charge, or Ermor that summons hundreds of undead, or the permanently underpowered Mictlan?) , but even if I did I would be balancing whole nations not individual units. This mod is one of my more vanilla friendly mods but its a basic structure. It will change when I have some time to play with it.
When I balance I do it against internal consistency of a mod, not against other mods.

Amos April 4th, 2007 02:32 PM

Version 0.02

Added 5 more units in 2 summoning spells.

Amos April 5th, 2007 03:18 PM

Gave "Defense Form" Lightning and raised the cost to 10 gems.

Shovah32 April 5th, 2007 05:32 PM

I think the defense form is either very underpowered or far too expensive. It dosnt look particularly useful in battle(1 decent ranged attack) and its fortress defence bonus is far too low for its cost(i can get the same bonus from a 130 gold commander)

Amos April 6th, 2007 04:36 AM

It has two forms so it has twice as much hp. But I'll drop it back down to 7 gems.

Uploaded.

Amos April 6th, 2007 07:38 AM

Frigates cost 70 gp for upkeep purposes.

Juzza April 6th, 2007 08:58 AM

I really like this mod Amos, its very different from all the other nations, though, the commanders are ment to be far supiror than the troops right? whenever I find myself playing it I end up with a about 10 of Those Elders with 5 water magic destroying armies with falling frost, I find most of the troops just act as guards for them not going a lot of damage themselves.

Shovah32 April 6th, 2007 09:15 AM

I play slightly differently: I find a chokepoint and load it up with those builder guys in terraforming mode then raid deeply with wormholes, ships and the units generated by builders.