.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Utility: combineMods.py (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44889)

pyg February 10th, 2010 05:13 PM

combineMods.py

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyg
I intend to release another version of DMG and I would like to test it further by creating combined mods for interested parties. If you want to put together a game with a lot of mods or would like a package of a certain set of mods, let me help. You get the combined mods you want and I get free testing. :)

And here it is. The included utility (combineMods.py) is a functional replacement for Llamabeast's combineMods. It probably contains bugs but many of them have been worked out doing the mods for Blood Red and Lunar Sea games.

The following would generate the equivalent of the Blood Red mod:
Code:

./combineMods.py 2 CBcomplete_1.6.dm TombKings.dm City\ of\ Wonders.dm Jomon\ broken.dm Warhammer\ Skaven.dm themiskyra_MA3.dm Warhammer\ Dwarfs.dm Arga\ Dis.dm Warhammer\ Ogre\ Kingdoms.dm BLOODRED
And for Lunar Sea:
Code:

./combineMods.py 1 CBcomplete_1.6.dm diversity.dm holywar.dm sitemod.dm CPCS.dm LUNARSEA
This utility has moved to here. I removed the attachment because I don't want to update in both places.

pyg March 27th, 2010 09:26 PM

Re: combineMods.py

OP now contains utility.

mehrunes_dagon April 2nd, 2010 10:42 AM

ups, does not work under *nix

ImportError: No module named DMG

and after renamin dmg/ to DMG/ is still does not work

ImportError: cannot import name D3M

'''and string d3m is nowhere to be found'''

By the way, perl mod-combiner malfunctions, so i am impatiently waitin for a workin replacement

pyg April 2nd, 2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehrunes_dagon (Post 738532)
ups, does not work under *nix

ImportError: No module named DMG

and after renamin dmg/ to DMG/ is still does not work

ImportError: cannot import name D3M

'''and string d3m is nowhere to be found'''

By the way, perl mod-combiner malfunctions, so i am impatiently waitin for a workin replacement

Sounds like you moved things around after unzipping. Best place to unzip is in mods/ After unzipping there should be a combineMods.py, a DMG.py, and a dmg/ Doing ./combineMods.py should give you usage help text. Moving combineMods.py to a different directory than DMG.py will give you the results described above.

pyg April 2nd, 2010 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an Asia themed mod containing EA-LA TC, Yomi-Jomon, EA Atreus, Goguryeo, Shangri-La, and EA-LA * Qayan.

kennydicke April 2nd, 2010 04:34 PM

Hmm, sounds like a good time for me to try out Shangri-La. Thanks you!

mehrunes_dagon April 3rd, 2010 12:33 AM

the utility has a nice side-effect of checking if all the graphics is referenced correctly

unfortunately there is a bug which becomes visible when a processed mod contains commented-out line like

-spr1 ".\Angmar\Winged Uruloki\Winged_Uruloki_1.tga"
-spr2 ".\Angmar\Winged Uruloki\Winged_Uruloki_2.tga"

combineMods.py tries to find these files, fails and prints error message

Bad File Name: {name of tga}

pyg April 5th, 2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehrunes_dagon (Post 738676)
the utility has a nice side-effect of checking if all the graphics is referenced correctly

unfortunately there is a bug which becomes visible when a processed mod contains commented-out line like

-spr1 ".\Angmar\Winged Uruloki\Winged_Uruloki_1.tga"
-spr2 ".\Angmar\Winged Uruloki\Winged_Uruloki_2.tga"

combineMods.py tries to find these files, fails and prints error message

Bad File Name: {name of tga}

Don't worry about the error message to much, it still creates the mod. If it was a commented out sprite it's still going to complain, sorry. You can turn off the sprite compilation by changing line 8 where it says 'packTGAs = True' to 'packTGAs = False'. This will also save space as you wont' have duplicate copies of all the graphics.

It should also be telling you that how many nations, monsters, spells, etc. it combined. It DOES NOT check to make sure those numbers are within safe limits. Usually new spells is the first to go over (~135 I think).

pyg April 8th, 2010 11:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, here is a mod of stuff I enjoy using together. It is a bit like the Lunar Sea mod. This combo adds a lot of magical options. It uses up all the spell slots so it's not compatible with anything else. Contains:

CBM 1.6
Endgame Diversity
Holy War Divine + Sacreds and Priests
FW Thugs
CPCS
Mytheology

Sombre April 9th, 2010 06:45 AM

I think that combination deserves its own thread. A lot of people would probably like that pack and it could be used for some simply set up MP games.