.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Intel Forum Bar & Grill (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The election is finally over... (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41143)

Tim Brooks November 5th, 2008 11:22 AM

The election is finally over...

"If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at forty, you have no brain."

--Winston Churchhill

Bwaha November 5th, 2008 12:32 PM

Re: The election is finally over...

I like Churchill as well. Let us pray that God will help guide our new President. I hope now that this is over we can get over all the nastiness. Let us embrace this opportunity to change our country for the better. Let us try to love one anouther and shed the fears that causes hatred. :D

Atrocities November 5th, 2008 05:21 PM

What we have here is a revolution. The party perceived to be responsible for all the wows has been dethroned and beheaded. This election was the second American Revolution. To bad this revolution will result in the wrong people exploiting power to pass the fairness doctrine, an anti-first amendment bill, the beginning of the end of the second amendment and by extension the constitution. Our republic was established so that no one man should fear another, and this election has forsaken that fundamental principle. Power absolute corrupts absolutely. Watch and ye shall see the rebirth of bad political ideology and far worse corruption than that of those who have just been fired. Watch now over the next few years as the pundits of the far left goose step our once great nation down the vile one sided road of social fascism. Welcome all to the great American book burning where the piece de resistance at this torching of our rights will be the constitution itself. Thrown into the blaze by none other than the far left liberals who even now as I type this plot to steal away from us what our forefathers died to give us all, freedom. The wolves have decided what is for dinner, and its the conservatives. I hope they all choke on our bones. Bone Appetit. :envy::doh:

Atrocities November 5th, 2008 05:28 PM

Congrats to Obama and job well done. :) While I don't like his political ideology, he is now our president and I will support him and pray for his success. I will not however lay down and allow him to be used as a tool by the far left liberals who wish to steal our hard fought freedoms from us. I will not allow my first and second amendment rights, nor any aspect of the bill of rights, to go quietly into the night be it by force or by pen.

Obama just inherited America and I hope that he can live up to the expectations that so many have put upon him. I, in the mean time, intend to drop 2k on ammo and a shovel. Better to have and never need than need and never have. :angel

Gandalf Parker November 5th, 2008 05:59 PM

Gee I was hoping he might give a few rights back to us. :)

Atrocities November 5th, 2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 650604)

Don't hold your breath GP. Once they are gone, they're gone. :mad: What gets me kinda confused are the people who get mad about wire tapping incoming calls from suspected terrorists to US, yet these same people say nothing about their ISP keeping logs of visited web sites, or email providers keeping every email ever sent or received on file forever, or instant messengering messages are logged forever. Not to mention where the hell were these privacy advocates when Sarah Palin's email accounts were hacked and her family info was posted on line for all to see. She had nothing to do with the patriot act which was voted into law by a Democratic congress. :doh:

Bwaha November 5th, 2008 07:27 PM

Be sure you coat the primer and the neck of your bullets with nail polish before stashing them. That way the moisture won't wreck the powder. :D

Azselendor November 5th, 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrocities (Post 650612)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 650604)

Don't hold your breath GP. Once they are gone, they're gone. :mad: What gets me kinda confused are the people who get mad about wire tapping incoming calls from suspected terrorists to US, yet these same people say nothing about their ISP keeping logs of visited web sites, or email providers keeping every email ever sent or received on file forever, or instant messengering messages are logged forever. Not to mention where the hell were these privacy advocates when Sarah Palin's email accounts were hacked and her family info was posted on line for all to see. She had nothing to do with the patriot act which was voted into law by a Democratic congress. :doh:

A few things here that needs fixing.

The patriot act was passed into law with a majority republican congress (in both houses) and a spineless democratic minority.

ISP's were smart enough to put tracking software and oversight into place early on in development -- unlike phone and cable which only recently did so.

Sarah Palin's email account underscores a general issue at all levels of government. Foreign powers frequently access US gov't email and firewalls at all levels because of poor password protections and crappierunderstanding of basic security. Recent airforce cyber-counter-intellegence recruitment ads underscore that. Hell, how many gov't laptops needs to be lost before someone realizes that information shouldn't be on something I can walk away with. Let's store all data on a UNIVAC and see if someone can steal that!

I have no sympathy for people with bad passwords who get hacked.

Gandalf Parker November 5th, 2008 09:01 PM

Ive been a part of ISPs from day one. Before WWW, or even PCs. Believe me, such logging has always been a part of it. Its a basic part of how internet has always been managed and enforced. No ISP ever chose not to do it. At least not for long. I remember some that tried and were forced by the net to start logging.

Azselendor November 5th, 2008 11:43 PM

If the ISP's didn't log, they'd never be on top of the lolcats attempting to spread their way into the real world.