.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Smiting Season (newb-intermediate, LA, CBM 1.92) smiting has begun! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48715)

Groundworm April 23rd, 2012 08:58 AM

Smiting Season (newb-intermediate, LA, CBM 1.92) smiting has begun!

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for players with some MP experience. Doesn't have to be a lot, but this shouldn't be your first or second MP game.

settings:
Map: Realm of Roaring Rhinos
Players: 12
Mods: CBM 1.92
Era: late age
Indie strength: 7
Magic sites: 45
Hall of fame: 15
score graphs: off
all other settings default
banned nations: Ermor, R'lyeh
hosting: Llamaserver
30h turns until at least turn 30, will advance to 48h afterwards as needed
diplomacy is non-binding, gem/item/province trading remains inviolate

Please do not abandon the game or stale repeatedly without notifying me or posting- I'd much rather find a sub than have someone quit abruptly.

1) Groundworm- Marignon
2) Immaculate- Patala
3) Slobby- Gath
4) Carpetbagger- Pythium
5) Bat/man- Bogarus
6) Finalgenesis- Atlantis
7) decourcy- T'ien Ch'i
8) Snacktime- Utgard
9) shard- Jomon
10) Nightfall- Ulm
11) HoleyDooley- Agartha
12) schoelle- Man
13) Whollaborg- Arcoscephale

Whollaborg April 23rd, 2012 10:17 AM

Re: Smiting Season (newb-intermediate, LA, CBM 1.92) recruiting

I'd like to join playing Acrosephale.

Groundworm April 23rd, 2012 10:25 AM

You've been around for awhile, but I've never played with you. Are you new to MP? Vet? Somewhere in-between?

Whollaborg April 23rd, 2012 12:35 PM

I have played few multiplayer games thou not recently, quite sporadically i'd say. I even managed to win one or two ;)

Immaculate April 23rd, 2012 01:15 PM

Patala.

Interesting that diplomacy is binding. Thats an increasingly unpopular option. Should be interesting how it changes the dynamic.

Groundworm April 23rd, 2012 06:25 PM

Welcome aboard. Immaculate, why is binding diplomacy becoming unpopular? Would you suggest less rigorous diplomacy?

Non-binding diplomacy certainly has it's place in the game, but I don't know if I'm a fan of securing a NAP with someone and not actually knowing if I have a NAP with them.

Immaculate April 23rd, 2012 07:14 PM

no- its fine- i am okay with either option. i guess i just played in a lot of more cut-throat games.

Whollaborg April 25th, 2012 02:02 PM

I am having a bit of second though on binding diplomacy. How is it enforced in not so rare cases of conflicting treaties the inevitable wars and such would bring?

Legendary League April 25th, 2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whollaborg (Post 802747)
I am having a bit of second though on binding diplomacy. How is it enforced in not so rare cases of conflicting treaties the inevitable wars and such would bring?

Define conflicting treaties?

In general, people only really sign NAPs. Alliances, if any, are always temporary (and never written or binding in any way). You rarely see anything that may be considered, say, a mutual defense pact or somesuch (i.e. X attacks Y, Ys treaty with Z forces them to attack X), because there is only one winner at the end.

I suppose someone can try more zany treaty ideas (and go for things like a double victory), but in the overwhelming majority of cases, you don't see it. And things like gem/item trades are basically always honored, even in games where diplomacy isn't binding. Even in non-binding diplo games, the majority of treaties which are signed are generally maintained (due to the reputation cost of breaking them).

Slobby April 25th, 2012 11:21 PM

gath please