.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Print screen problem (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24311)

MadSlob June 22nd, 2005 08:47 PM

Print screen problem

1 Attachment(s)
Hi...I tried to use the new printscreen utility but when i paste to MS paint all i seem to get is a blur of colour and some vague outlines..it is a very minor problem as the game itself work great for me but i thought i'd see if others have had the same problem...System specs AMD XP1800+ 512mbs ram nvidia FX5600XT gfx with 128mb ram - WinXP pro running desktop in 1024x768 res 16 million colours regards MD

Mobhack June 22nd, 2005 10:01 PM

Re: Print screen problem

Quote:

MadSlob said:
Hi...I tried to use the new printscreen utility but when i paste to MS paint all i seem to get is a blur of colour and some vague outlines..it is a very minor problem as the game itself work great for me but i thought i'd see if others have had the same problem...System specs AMD XP1800+ 512mbs ram nvidia FX5600XT gfx with 128mb ram - WinXP pro running desktop in 1024x768 res 16 million colours regards MD

There's no "printscreen utility" - just the normal windows desktop capture functions.

In the "Tuning Your Machine" section of the manual it says
Quote:

There is no need of any external screen capture mode when using Windowed Mode. The normal Windows ALT-PRINTSCREEN will copy the window to the Windows paste buffer. Simply open up a normal paint programme (such as the supplied Microsoft utility) and select paste.

I take it you were trying to use the Windows Alt+Printscreen in Full Screen DirectX mode?.

Cheers
Andy

BTW - there is also a readme text file in the \game notes folder dealing with the subject.

Edit - I forgot to look at the attachment, and yes, from that I see there, you were trying to use the windows desktop Alt+printscreen capture function in full-screen DirectX.

In full screen mode, the actual hardware palette is used, but in Windowed mode DirectX uses a cooperative non-palleted mode which the windows desktop can interpret as it maps the 256 colour pallette into RGB that the desktop understands. It's slower as a result of that mapping, of course.

MadSlob June 23rd, 2005 01:08 AM

Sry m8!!!You are of course right..will teach me to skim over a section like lightning..apologies for wasting your time....kindest regards MD

junk2drive June 25th, 2005 03:37 PM

Someone is reporting success with screenshots in full screen mode with Hypersnap.
I couldn't find a freeware version at their site so I cannot confirm.

FJ_MD June 25th, 2005 03:49 PM

You can take full screen screenshot with this program

FSscreen

The quality of the BMP file it give you is not that great but it is at least something!

junk2drive June 25th, 2005 03:51 PM

I tried UOSU Ultima Online Screenshot Utility. Works fine with SPMBT and SPWAW but not with WinSPMBT. I get the ding but no file in my folder.