.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Modscanner Tool - Version 1.0 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42755)

Psientist April 3rd, 2009 12:44 PM

Modscanner Tool - Version 1.0

I have put together a simple mod scanner application. It scans through all the Dominions 3 mods you have on your computer, and generates a an interface for viewing their contents by mod, unit, spell, item, or pretender. Consider it a dynamic, but very simple compliment to Edi's database for your mods, or a manual supplement.

I have compiled versions for Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux, but I've only tested it on the Mac.

Future versions - well, maybe I'll implement a way to click on an item and get details, maybe I'll incorporate sprites, maybe I'll incorporate a version of Edi's database so "#copyspell", "#copystats" etc. won't result in mystery values in the modscanner. Maybe a preferences/settings file. But, don't hold your breath in the meantime.

Also, if somebody can share with me the "default" mod folder installation path for Linux and Windows, it probably won't have to ask every time.

Enjoy...

http://files.me.com/hagenguy/jjrmv8

Jazzepi April 3rd, 2009 02:42 PM

Re: Modscanner Tool - Version 1.0

It would be nice if the scanner could also detect conflicts, and report them back to the user.

Jazzepi

Panpiper April 3rd, 2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzepi (Post 683727)
It would be nice if the scanner could also detect conflicts, and report them back to the user.

An equally nice feature, very related, would be to have an option that generates alternate mod filed (DM files) where the unit/item etc, number conflicts have been renumbered so as to eliminate conflicts all together.

llamabeast April 3rd, 2009 05:35 PM

Now that I've already done. See my mod-combining script (in my signature).

Panpiper April 5th, 2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamabeast (Post 683761)
Now that I've already done. See my mod-combining script (in my signature).

Doh! Not sure how I missed that. Thank you Llamabeast.

Foodstamp April 6th, 2009 12:40 AM

Hey I love it. Thanks for making this. It makes it very easy for me to pick up where I left off when assigning unit numbers and checking for missing descriptions etc. Very cool!

Psientist April 7th, 2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Hey I love it. Thanks for making this. It makes it very easy for me to pick up where I left off when assigning unit numbers and checking for missing descriptions etc. Very cool!
Foodstamp - that is exactly why I made it for myself! That and I was trying to keep an spreadsheet of "manual additions" for my friends who use my Myth and Ant mods that basically duplicated what was said inside the mods.

Jazeppi, I'll add a "conflict scanner" to future versions, probably quite easy to do since I already load everything into a Mysql Lite database.

lch June 7th, 2009 08:29 AM

I'll complain, out of principle, that you didn't supply the sourcecode... :)

Otherwise, nice work. You can autodetect the right Dom3 folders with this?

rdonj June 7th, 2009 07:43 PM

The windows default path is C:\Program Files\dominions3\mods.

Also, I'm having trouble getting the modscanner to work, it gives me a runtime error and doesn't load.

Error: \..\..\..\..\Common\loaderx86.cpp:208
Failure Condition: foundFunction
Function 'donation.*donation%%A1v' was not exported.

Sombre June 10th, 2009 11:21 AM

I'm trying this out tonight. Hopefully it works and will speed things up.