.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Shrapnel General (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Beta Testers Needed! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50347)

Tim Brooks July 9th, 2014 03:04 AM

Beta Testers Needed!

Announcing: An All New Beta Test!

Shrapnel Games will be starting a New Beta Test very soon and we need testers! If you have the time to test, are familiar with beta testing, and like Rogue-like Space Strategy Games please let us know you are interested by responding to this thread. Only serious testers need to apply.

When responding, let us know if you have ever beta tested before and how many hours a week you can test. The beta test is expected to last 2 weeks minimum, and as long as it takes to get the game ready for release.

Additional Info: Please edit you responses if you have already posted (preferable method) or add a post and give us your system specs. We were going to ask this in a PM, but the number of responses after less than 24 hours makes us rethink that decision. Also, please take seriously our request for testers. This is not an open beta, a limited number of testers will be selected and we need serious testers. Thanks everyone -- you're great!

Narushima July 9th, 2014 07:10 AM

Re: Beta Testers Needed!

Hi,

I'd be interested in testing. I'm used to working on games (translation), sometimes at an early stage, and I've already tested AGS point-and-click games.
I should be able to dedicate about 8 to 10 hours a week on it, barring any big work project coming in in the meantime.

lee475 July 9th, 2014 09:34 AM

I have Beta tested many games and can spend at least8 hrs. a week play testing as I'm retired.
Thank you for your consideration.

morbug July 9th, 2014 09:48 AM

Hi!

I've tested a couple of dozen games for Virtual Programming (makes Mac ports of Windows games), including quite a few strategy games (Paradox titles mostly). I'm also personally interested in both the rogue-like/space/and strategy genres and have played a lot of those games.

I've also done a fair bit of testing new software at work (not as fun as testing games though) so I'm pretty used to bugs and reporting :rolleyes:

I could probably spend 10 hours or so a week testing.

As for hardware, I own a gaming desktop, a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and a couple of Macs (and a few tablets).

Cheers,

Fredrik Andersson

Lerchey July 9th, 2014 09:52 AM

Hi,

I would be interested in play testing. I was a beta tester for Space Empires IV and V, and (long, long ago) for The War Machine (originally sold by Shrapnel). I've also tested a number of sets of miniatures gaming rules.

Thanks,

John

deadmeat1471 July 9th, 2014 10:00 AM

I am interested in beta testing, I have beta tested several times before but am by no means experienced in it. I do however have a lot of time spare as I am unemployed.

Best regards,
Shaun.

spillblood July 9th, 2014 10:09 AM

I'd be interested. I was a beta tester for Unity of Command - Red Turn, Unity of Command - Black Turn, Germany at War - Barbarossa 1941 and Mark H. Walker's Lock and Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. Some of those were for Slitherine/Matrix, UoC took part directly through the 2by2 Games page, forums etc. .
I also tested (and reported bugs on) some games that were released in an early state of development, such as Gratuitous Space Battles and Infested Planet and Running With Rifles, although those weren't official beta tests, so I already have some experience. Not sure how it looks time-wise though.

Tominator2 July 9th, 2014 11:37 AM

I would be interested in beta testing. I have tested several games previously, and could spend 10-15 hours a week testing.

Ironmanbc July 9th, 2014 11:59 AM

i'm not working so i have lots of time

shoughton0408 July 9th, 2014 12:08 PM

I would love to Beta Test Your new space game. I have Beta tested a few games in the past and can give roughly 2-3 hours a day to the test. I am also quite familiar with this genre of gaming.