.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   About undo the last move function... (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51599)

Warhero May 9th, 2017 11:05 AM

About undo the last move function...

I played as Russia vs Iran 1980 and I had situation where I moved my T-80 too close to enemy inf hex. I tried to use "undo" button but nothing happened:mad:... Or do I have to use some keyboard button to reverse my tank? I didn't found anything about that in Help Screen.

Warhero

Mobhack May 9th, 2017 12:31 PM

Re: About undo the last move function...

You cannot undo if there has been something that changed - e.g. somebody spots the unit, or shoots at it. Also the undo attempt must be made immediately - if you say turn the units turret, then no undo. Probably if you selected another unit and then went back and hit undo.

Also in PBEM - undo is disallowed to stop "recce by undo" - move a unit, press undo, if it undoes then no enemy have spotted it, rinse and repeat till undo does not do so = unspotted enemy must have LOS at that point.

Nb - if the enemy infantry tried and aborted an assault on it, then that is an "action" and so an undo is no longer possible even though it was not reported. Aborted assaults are not reported, other than ones where they decide to shoot instead.

Warhero May 9th, 2017 04:05 PM

Okay. Thanks about fast response. So I must be faster next time;)...

Warhero

Warhero May 10th, 2017 02:41 AM

Well I don't remember if any enemy fired my tank before my "undo" action but I will follow situation next time and return into this topic (if needed)...

Warhero

DRG May 10th, 2017 07:41 AM

It doesn't have to fire at you........ if your move was seen by the enemy it cancels undo. That is why undo is not allowed at all for PBEM.

DRG May 10th, 2017 08:00 AM

What I do not understand in this case is how a function that has been in place as is for nearly 2 decades suddenly gets this response
Quote:

I tried to use "undo" button but nothing happened:mad:..
From the game guide.....in the tutorial section

Quote:

The Undo/Cancel button does NOT work if during your move you were fired on, you became immobilised, or you spotted an enemy unit.
.....and "you spotted an enemy unit" conversely means "if you were spotted by an enemy unit"

the ONLY change we have made to that function " lately" was in 2008 we added..
Quote:

if your vehicle kicks up dust due to movement then you can no longer undo that vehicle's action
So I'm genuinely curious how it is this was unknown to you all this time ??

Don

Warhero May 10th, 2017 08:29 AM

I've been aware about undo function (I used it more during old SP2/3 days than today) but I just thought that those "undo rules" about firing/spotting etc. are same as dos versions... But I got explanation and I appreciate it:). Now I'm bit wiser (hopefully);).

Warhero

Suhiir May 10th, 2017 12:11 PM

Personally I never use the function ... but that's just me :D

DRG May 10th, 2017 03:02 PM

The only time I use it is when I legitimately miss click on a hex and my unit moves nowhere near where I intended but that's very rare...once or twice a year rare.

Don

Dion May 14th, 2017 03:35 PM

I use it about a dozen or more times a game. Comes in handy when I'm trying to keep my troops in formation, which demands a lot of repetitive mouse clicks, as a result it's easy to make accidental moves. Greatly appreciated feature.