.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: New Nation: Travelers (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=37327)

Amos January 5th, 2008 03:16 AM

New Nation: Travelers

1 Attachment(s)
Version 0.08

I wanted to make a nation with no magic, so here it is.

Amos January 5th, 2008 08:44 PM

Re: New Nation: Travelers

"Possessed Prince" can change into "Missionary of Ka" at will.
Changed "Ka" attack sprite.

Amos January 7th, 2008 05:17 AM

Version 0.03

-Added two multiheroes;
-Added another unit.

Amos January 8th, 2008 09:56 AM

Version 0.04

Added 3 summoning spells.

Going to test the mod now.

Amos January 9th, 2008 07:28 AM

Added another spell.

Amos January 10th, 2008 06:02 AM

Version 0.05

Units with the "spectral sword" weapon got "spectral fire" instead;
Soldier of Ka got "spectral sword" instead of "phantom blade";
Terminator armor got +2 protection -def and ap.

galica January 10th, 2008 03:15 PM

I played the first release version and I'm definitely in favor of increasing the power of the free-spawns. I'm not sure if this is a documented bug, but if an immortal commander dies from a disease, it is gone forever. I had 2 missionaires die from a disease, 1 I had just purchased the previous turn in my capitol-they never re-appeared and they were definitely in my dominion. The immortal free-spawn, which basicly starts off old, starts racking up afflictions immediately, which I can consider a design decision. Not sure if the immortal free-spawn is getting diseased, and dropping dead immediately and then evaporating. Will test the new version and see how it goes. After the first 15 turns, I never purchased any units as the upkeep on the free spawn was so high(gold cost 10 and 15 respectively. Great work on the mod!

PS-Was using a rainbow pretender but didn't go far enough to see if that works. Would consider weakening the free-spawn if you can reduce the up-keep.

Amos January 10th, 2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is a documented bug, but if an immortal commander dies from a disease, it is gone forever.

Its a known bug. But it fits well with this mod so I'm not complaining. Otherwise the Travelers would never die and you will have an unlimited numbers of immortal seducers.

Quote:

I never purchased any units as the upkeep on the free spawn was so high(gold cost 10 and 15 respectively.

I'll try to balance them better. The new weapon is a step in the right direction.

Quote:

PS-Was using a rainbow pretender but didn't go far enough to see if that works.

I actually never play with pretenders other than the mod's original, since I try to balance them, more or less successfully, for the mod.

Amos January 13th, 2008 09:21 AM

Changed the name of the nation to "Principalities". Didnt like the old name of "Princedoms".

Amos January 18th, 2008 02:16 PM

Small changes to sprites of Armor type units and leaders.