.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Nation Reference - ALL AGES (Updated 28.04.10) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45452)

reverend April 26th, 2010 11:02 AM

Nation Reference - ALL AGES (Updated 28.04.10)

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I was browsing through the old Dom3 manual and got immersed in the nation descriptions. I really like them, and I also like having a physical reference at hand when choosing my nation in Dom3.

Since the manual is long since out of date and the excellent wiki isn't really a hardcopy or easily printable, I took my time to transform the wiki data into a PDF document that fellow paper-enthusiasts can print out and maybe even bind into a book. I know I will, but then I work at a digital printing company. :D

Anyway - here it is, first release of the first part. All early age nations, as described in the wiki, in a nice printable format.

Release 26.04.10:
Added EA Nations

Update 27.04.10:
Cleaned up table layouts and added MA Nations

Update 28.04.10:
Minor cleanup in MA and added LA Nations

chrispedersen April 26th, 2010 12:14 PM

Re: Nation Reference - EA

great, looks clean really useful thanks r..

think the entry for yomi capitol is wrong.. or maybe I dont understand it... they have n access at cap.

ano April 26th, 2010 12:24 PM

Looks great!
Could be even greater if you could do the same for other eras one day :)

reverend April 26th, 2010 01:05 PM

chrispedersen: Hm. A capitol is also a fort, are the N mages capitol only or are they recruitable everywhere? Haven't played Yomi in a long time.

ano: That's the plan. :D

Ferrosol April 26th, 2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend (Post 742372)
chrispedersen: Hm. A capitol is also a fort, are the N mages capitol only or are they recruitable everywhere? Haven't played Yomi in a long time.

ano: That's the plan. :D

The Hanyas which get N1 are recruitable anywhere. they also make fantastic battlemages with their D2 and F2.

reverend April 27th, 2010 08:39 AM

Re: Nation Reference - EA/MA (Updated 27.04.10)

If they're recruitable everywhere, then the reference table looks correct.

I've done some cleanup to make the tables look nicer and added the next guide - Middle Age.

Kaffa April 27th, 2010 12:06 PM

great !!!!
good short printable manual...thanks , reverend!!

Immali April 27th, 2010 12:27 PM

Thanks a lot. Downloaded and reading right now.

reverend April 28th, 2010 08:44 AM

Re: Nation Reference - ALL AGES (Updated 28.04.10)

And here is the LA reference!

I want to stress again that my thanks go to lch and the writers of the dom3wiki.

Incidentally, the "Magic Access" tables seem to be incomplete - all EA nations have one, but only a handful of MA/LA nations. If someone can look that information up and mail it to me, I can include it in the reference.

I'm also thinking about doing a supplemental with scales and blesses.

Mysterio April 28th, 2010 09:23 AM

Re: Nation Reference - ALL AGES (Updated 28.04.10)

I've noticed many stat errors for MA Caelum. With additional proofreading, I'm sure these will be valuable resources.