.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dominions II In-Game Typos (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=16619)

Edi March 27th, 2005 08:24 AM

Re: Dominions II In-Game Typos

The pretender titles have some typos in them. The word "Minister" is systematically misspelled "Minster".

Edi

ioticus April 5th, 2005 11:30 PM

The desription of the heroic trait "adept researcher" spells extraordinary incorrectly as "extrordinary."

Alneyan April 20th, 2005 04:58 AM

There is a "Lychantropos' Amulet" in the game, while it should be a Lycanthropos' Amulet, if the noun is based on lycanthrope . If Lychantropos is actually a proper noun, an extra S might be included in the Amulet name, as in "Picus's Axe of Rulership".

Alneyan April 21st, 2005 01:28 PM

Another cosmetic thing: one of the game hints states that "you may resume the construction of a fort if you are interrupted". I believe it requires some clarification: in my experience, you can only resume the construction of a fort if you have cancelled it, but haven't lost the province in the meantime.

Losing a province will effectively cancel all progress made on a fort (unless I am grossly mistaken here), while some players may expect to be able to continue building their fort at no extra cost. Or perhaps it is just my interpretation of "interruption" as in "lose the province temporarily due to enemy forces".

Molog July 30th, 2005 08:10 PM

In the desccription of poor amphibian 'aft.' should be 'att.'

ioticus August 8th, 2005 12:15 AM

Under the description of Mistform, exceptionally is misspelled as "exeptionally."

ioticus September 7th, 2005 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The caption should say "...he finds most interesting."

Frostmourne27 January 3rd, 2006 05:57 PM

The Mictlan short description says "...but their infantry uses archaic weapons." This is incorrect, infantry is plural and so this should in fact say "but their infantry use archaic eapons."

Wick January 4th, 2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Frostmourne27 said:
The Mictlan short description says "...but their infantry uses archaic weapons." This is incorrect, infantry is plural and so this should in fact say "but their infantry use archaic eapons."

I disagree. Infantry is no more the plural of soldier then pool is the plural of water droplet. The infantry is a single thing, regardless of the many infantrymen in it. (Also, "eapon" should have a "w" ;-)

Endoperez January 4th, 2006 11:52 AM

However, Google tells me "infantry use" is much more common than "infatry uses". I'm not sure what grammar says about it, though.