.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Insectoids (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=33553)

Amos March 1st, 2007 11:31 AM

Insectoids

1 Attachment(s)
Version 0.14

llamabeast March 1st, 2007 03:01 PM

Re: New Mod: Insectoids

Amos, would it be possible in your mods by any chance to have a "preview.tga" file with all the pictures on it? It doesn't really matter, it'd just be nice to see at a glance what's in the mod, rather than what I currently do with your mods, which is click on the tgas one at a time (no dominions where I am at the mo).

I'll have a look at this one now, sounds exciting...

llamabeast March 1st, 2007 03:03 PM

Wow, they are _really_ creepy.

Shovah32 March 1st, 2007 03:28 PM

No holiness error.

Amos March 1st, 2007 10:43 PM

When I tested it I didnt get the error. I dont know why you should. I'll check again though.

I checked again and there was no error. Did you choose Regina or some other pretender? For some reason, some people get "no holy" error when pretender has holy magic. If thats the case with you, then remove those two lines from "Primordia Regina":
#magicskill 8 1
#holy

BandarLover March 1st, 2007 11:37 PM

I have to say, I'm impressed with all of the modders for this game thus far. Amos, your units are practically works
of art. I don't know enough about this game to say if I think something is unbalanced or not but I generally don't even bother recruiting anything besides your nations units when I SP with them. And it's really just because your units look so much better than the games graphics.

I've said it before but it bears repeating, I really like Zepaths mods as well. Part of that is because I'm a big Warhammer geek and his Warhammer inspired armies are fantastic.

Dr. Praetorious(sp?) has some great ideas for nations as well. I don't even really mind that he recycles unit graphics, they still play differently.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people, but I like everything I've found here thus far. You guys are all awesome. Keeps it up.

Sombre March 1st, 2007 11:45 PM

Yeah, Zepath and Amos are the two main mod masters around here. They've both made really great looking nations with a lot of flavour. Amos' are more distinctive looking and contain some more innovative gameplay twists, but Zepath's are balanced for vanilla play and are very modding newb friendly.

Without them the rest of us would have a lot less to play with and probably feel a lot less inspired to make our own nations.

Check out the modlist for more non nation mods and stuff being added ;]

Foodstamp March 1st, 2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Sombre said:
Yeah, Zepath and Amos are the two main mod masters around here. They've both made really great looking nations with a lot of flavour. Amos' are more distinctive looking and contain some more innovative gameplay twists, but Zepath's are balanced for vanilla play and are very modding newb friendly.

Without them the rest of us would have a lot less to play with and probably feel a lot less inspired to make our own nations.

Check out the modlist for more non nation mods and stuff being added ;]

I could not agree more. I am amazed by the industrious nature of these two. It takes quite of effort to put out a good mod, but Amos and Zepath turn them out like its nothing.

Keep up the good work http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Shovah32 March 2nd, 2007 05:22 AM

Ive gotten the error trying to host a turn both with and without Regina. Im fully patched with no others mods running and the only thing i can manually get into on your mod is the folder with all the pictures so i cant make the changes you suggested.

Sombre March 2nd, 2007 07:21 AM

Just use notepad (or another text editor) to edit the .dm file named,.. insectoids I suppose.