.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Problem with Llamaserver (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42588)

rdonj July 18th, 2009 06:34 PM

Re: Problem with Llamaserver

Huh? I thought I'd fixed that. Oh well, seems my game is started, so I guess thanks are in order :)

LDiCesare July 23rd, 2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamabeast (Post 702051)
As for the turn files not sending, I am getting lots of reports of it now! Very odd, but I hope to get the new server running very soon. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

IS the problem fixed? I haven't received a turn for Pyrothere but it's slow-paced so the failed send was about 1 week ago. I just hope the resend works anf works fast now.

Gregstrom July 23rd, 2009 04:57 AM

LdiC: If you need a delay to avoid staling, please post in the game thread or pm me.

llamabeast July 23rd, 2009 06:44 PM

LdiC: I hope it's fixed. I haven't had any reports about it for a few days.

Has anyone had the no-turn-received issue since I switched the servers (Monday)?

DakaSha August 3rd, 2009 11:31 PM

One of the players in my acronymless game just received a corrupt turn file and stalled cause of it. what does that mean?

Calahan August 10th, 2009 12:53 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the 'Last Updated' stamp that used to appear at the bottom of the llamaserver? As all that seems to be displayed there now is the "Current Time".

I found the "Last Updated" stamp very useful for telling if the llamaserver was working or not. Since (during its time of the month) when it showed that it hadn't updated for several hours, it usually acted as a pretty good indication that something had gone wrong.

Please note that I'm not saying anything is wrong with the llamaserver at the moment :) I'm just curious about the change/missing stamp.

llamabeast August 11th, 2009 07:52 AM

Calahan: I hid it. I was wondering whether anyone would notice. Due to an, er, unfortunate network situation, I can't actually log into the LlamaServer at the moment. So I'm just praying it stays happy for the next few weeks until I can get my hands on it (it's at my brother's office, in a different city). However, it's got a little unimportant error that it's worrying about (and sending me an e-mail about every five minutes). So long as it has an error it won't update its last updated stamp, so basically the last updated time won't update for the next few weeks. Rather than cause mass panic I thought I should hide the time. :) (I can still log into the web server, which is a different machine.)

Calahan August 11th, 2009 09:01 AM

Sorry llamabeast, you can't hide anything from this community as too many of us have cast a 999 Eyes of God :)

But thanks for the info. Good to know that the missing stamp was an intended thing and not a gremlin. And I'll start crossing the fingers that no real gremlins creep in while your 'unfortunate network situation' is in force.

llamabeast August 12th, 2009 04:50 AM

Inexplicably, both of those problems (the five-minutely error, and my inability to log into the server) have fixed themselves. Hooray! The “Last updated” timer is restored.

Calahan August 12th, 2009 05:01 AM

Maybe the llamaserver picked up the Chalice from somewhere and can now cure its own afflcitions :)