.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   LA Machaka 0.0 Alpha (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35373)

DrPraetorious July 12th, 2007 02:44 AM

LA Machaka 0.0 Alpha

1 Attachment(s)
Version 0.0 of Machaka, Golden Kingdom. Enjoy.

Still to do:
* National spells.
* Nation description, summary.
* Province defense.
* Initial army.
* Fort types.
* The other nation in the mod http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif.

Known issues:
* All of the units that are shown with bling are supposed to have bracers of protection. Not possible right now, unfortunately. (The golden bracers on elites is historical.) Yes, I would make them cost more if that functionality were to become available.

Sombre July 12th, 2007 03:01 AM

Re: LA Machaka 0.0 Alpha

Why don't you just give them higher resource cost and higher natural protection?

Juzza July 12th, 2007 04:15 AM

Some of the units attack sprites have black backgrounds, need to fix that, um, poison javelins should have range strength, not 10, the men are losing 1 range point cause most have 11 str, you might wanna also compare that to MA Marchacka to make sure it's not too overpowered, but that doesn't seem like an issue, it seems pretty well balanced to me.

I love the little quirks you gave the commanders, the gaze stuff, it's really awesome and unique, oh and are you gonna give them the Scorpion man spell, I always thought they should have that spell but they don't get it!! and they should!

Sombre July 12th, 2007 05:15 AM

You can't give range based on str to modded weapons.

Juzza July 12th, 2007 09:31 AM

you can't? oh sorry, I thought you could

Shovah32 July 12th, 2007 09:21 PM

Very interesting mod. I havnt played it much but two things i noticed:
7 gold for sacred serviteurs? Sure they are pretty vunerable to arrows(no body armour, 5 parry on shield) but it seems like a mistake.
The alchemist unit is interesting but a 200 gold, capitol only researcher just seems odd to me(although im not particularly knowledgeable on this sort of thing)

edit: I wont complain about alchemists any more. Equipment for awake SCs=good and they can research it quite well too.

double edit:
Mandekalu have the magic of the sorcerer, i dont think they are meant to have any since they are far better combatants/commanders and just over half the cost.

triple edit:
Black sorcerers seem like they would be terribly effective against SCs(seemingly unresistable 33 points of fatigue damage, a few of them behind a few chaff units could quickly knock-out and overwhelm an SC) but the main problem is that upon changing back into human form after an assasination they turn into the MA non-stealthy black sorcerer(still with E1D1F1) and end up dying in the province they were assassinating in.

DrPraetorious July 12th, 2007 11:50 PM

Yeah, the Mandekalu Commander isn't mounted, either http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif. He's got the wrong unit # on his copystats, I fixed that.

The serviteur unit can't be priced until I decide what the Orisha-related channeling buffs actually do.

Ah, you're right, forgot to create a new unit # for the black sorcerer to turn into. I think he might also turn into a regular spider rather than a black hunter in the late era. I believe that the sorceress probably turns into a non-sacred black sorceress after a sojourne as a spider, so I should fix that, as well.

DrPraetorious July 13th, 2007 06:27 PM

There will be six great orisha in the mod. Each of them is a unique that can be conjured for XXXSS at conjuration 8, costing 40 gems or so.

More importantly, there's a unique blessing to go with each of the Orisha, that can be applied when they are channeled. At present, only sacred magic beings can benefit from the blessing, but since I've removed the non-magicbeing sacred units anyway, I may remove that requirement.

Note that none of the Orisha blessings are going to overlap with blessings available via your actual pretender.

Gede, Death (has death/nature when conjured). Haste (not quickness)? Cause fear (if that really works)?
Ogun, Earth (has earth/fire when conjured, and a forge bonus). Ironskin? Weapons of Sharpness?
Oshun, Water (has nature/water when conjured). Luck? Pity I can't give awe.
Shango, Fire (has fire/air when conjured). Strength boost? Charged body + Fire shield? Resistance to fire/shock?
Oya, Air (has water/air/death when conjured). Mirror image?
Oxossi, Nature (has nature/air/death when conjured). Aim? Holy Avenger (that'd be scary)?

Anyway, any other suggestions are appreciated. Depending on how good these blessings actually are, I have to decide whether they cost gems, how many path points they require, how far up in the conjuration tree they appear, etc. etc.