.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Dominions on a smartphone? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46936)

Stryke11 January 18th, 2011 12:15 AM

Dominions on a smartphone?

The only thing keeping me from getting involved in a MP game (it's been years) is that I often am away from home (and my comp) on weekends and would hate to stall that many times.

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to have dom3 as an ap on a smartphone? That would rule. Android specifically, since I'm not a hipster and prefer not to pay through the nose for Apple products.

Thanks!

Korwin January 18th, 2011 08:53 AM

Re: Dominions on a smartphone?

Its not an phone...
Ordered it today, KCSpad P10T Tablet PC Dualboot: Android + Win7

Gandalf Parker January 18th, 2011 01:13 PM

Thinking about Dom3 strategies at work all day isnt enough? Now you want to be able to play at work also? This could bring about the end of the entire industrial complex and all economies as we know it.

Stryke11 January 18th, 2011 11:15 PM

$600 seems a bit much to pay for something just to play Dom3 on away from home (I'm sure you purchased it for many other reasons, but that's the only thing I think I could do with it.)

How frequent are games that don't have weekend turns, or that have >48hrs between turns?

Quitti January 19th, 2011 01:36 AM

If I'm away, I generally have dom3 on an usb stick with me which I use to play. I do have an android phone too though, it might be interesting to see if some kind of reduced version could be ran on it, but I doubt the dev(s) have time or willingness to make one. I also got a netbook that adequately runs dom3, so that works, it's not expensive and doesn't weigh or take too much space.

Zeldor January 20th, 2011 07:06 PM

Well, has anyone ever tried to run Linux version on Android? I don't think you'd need lightweight version with how powerful current smartphones and tablets are... UI could be very problematic though.

Makinus February 17th, 2011 08:13 AM

And on one of these recent china android tablets? You can get a 7" tablet with android 2.1 for as low as $130 these days... It would be interesting to see if the linux version of Dom3 can be somehow made to run on them... they are normally 800x480, have 720-800mhz cpus and 256mb ram....

krpeters November 25th, 2011 06:40 PM

Thread Necro

What is the current status of Dominions for Android? When I'm sitting in the living room watching a football game and waging war against a dozen AIs, a tablet would be much more convenient than a clunky laptop. (I guess I could get a netbook instead, but the keyboard free bit is tempting)