.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35201)

HoneyBadger March 27th, 2008 06:44 PM

Re: Nation Mod - Tomb Kings - Released!

That's very true. I was hoping that the high point cost and very low hp would allow such a Pretender to be used as the center of a different than vanilla strategy, rather than just increasing the power of the nation overmuch.

Maybe if the Living Curse were immobile? That would help protect against bless rushes in the early game, but delay the darkness power from becoming a major boost until Teleportation spells become accessible.

LoloMo May 31st, 2008 10:31 PM

Hi. I've been using this nation in the TigerCat MP game, and have been very happy with it.

The new patch have removed all magic paths from my recruitable mages and priests though. Hope llamabeast can rework this soon. Thanks!

Zentar June 1st, 2008 02:24 AM

I loved the concept, mod design, graphics, national spells, and variety of pretenders for each type of strategy. My favorite pretender is the First King rainbow mage. Thank you llamabeast!

DaveCG June 8th, 2008 06:31 AM

Have to say llama I love this nation, I really enjoy the whole "CHARGE!" thing I have at first, then ('cause I suck) lose like 30% of my army, but hey no worries, get to work prune priest guys, magic me up some more walking fly camper vans, anyway just writting to say I really liked them, and I don't know if you did the sprites, but they're really good.

rdonj June 8th, 2008 09:01 PM

Yesterday I was playing the Tomb Kings and I realized something about them... most of their commanders and summons aren't undead, which means that they're affected by darkness. I had the Avatar hero in an army hit with darkness and he lost 7 attack skill to it. Likewise I had quite a few precision 3 tomb kings in there. I don't remember for sure if that's with the newest version or not, but I think so.

llamabeast June 10th, 2008 10:19 AM

Thanks very much for the nice comments guys! Very much appreciated. The graphics are indeed mine and I spent many many (happy) hours on them, so I'm glad if people like them.

Good spot on the darkness issue rdonj. I will make sure to fix that in the next version, which will come in the not too distant future. I'm also planning to make the summons a little cheaper (I think at the moment they're only rarely summoned, which is a great pity) and make fewer of them require much-needed death gems. The asp archers' poison is going to become MR-negates so they are more feasible to counter. I may make the Buried recruitable-everywhere, because I like them and I don't like that a sacred strategy always ends up revolving around the asp archers (although they are cool).

I may also try to squeeze a couple more heroes in.

Someone said in a PM to me that they thought the Immortals were underpowered, being as they're really hard to mass. I just thought I'd mention that in a duel I fought against Sombre they were quite awesome. I managed to get about 20, and with a dual-bless combined with immortality they were amazing.

llamabeast June 10th, 2008 10:20 AM

Oh, rdonj, when you said you had the Avatar hero, was that the Horus one with the flaming weapon? How do you like him?

Has anyone summoned any of the ordinary Ushabti Avatars? Are they good? I was hoping they'd be good.

Any comments about the other summons?

rdonj June 10th, 2008 09:26 PM

Yes, it was the Horus one. I loved him, he's amazing. 120 hp, sacred, high prot even without equipment and some battle magic. Wow. I almost wonder if he might be too strong, but whatever the case his existence is a very strong argument for a luck scale. I also happened to have the tomb scorpion hero in that game. This mod has great heroes.

I like the idea of having the Buried recruitable everywhere because I never used them before and it makes them a lot more interesting as a bless chassis. If only this was an early age mod, they'd be the perfect counter to niefel giants....

I don't really think Asp Archers are overpowered, I compared them to sauromatia's androphag archers and they have same same precision, less health, the same bow, a bit more prot and are sacred for 5 more gold and resources each (and a temple). So they're a little harder to mass and only a little better if you don't have a decent death blessing. But I guess I haven't really seen how effective they are against other players so I could be a bit off the mark here.

I don't think the Immortals are underpowered. They're decent, solid units. And relatively cheap. I just wish there was a higher level spell to summon 2 or 3 at a time for the same gem cost per immortal. Possibly with a higher path requirement so not all of your tomb kings could cast it. The only thing I'm curious about with them is I'm pretty sure they have only 14 or 15 magic resist, and it seems that with all the powerful enchantments animating them that their mr should be higher than the base mr for the nation. Especially when tomb guard and buried have 16.

I haven't had a chance to summon the Ushabti Avatar yet. I even designed my pretender to be able to do it right off the bat but I didn't get enough research before I won my last game.

I suppose the Anubites are probably overpriced in comparison to Immortals as the main benefit is that you can use them everywhere and not feel like you're wasting their potential. Not too much though, as the Anubites are quite decent. I can't really say much about the other summons as I haven't used them recently.

Just as a general comment, it seems really weird that the asp archers are one of the highest prot units in the list.

Sombre June 11th, 2008 07:36 PM

Yeah the immortals were a total pain in my Ogre *** during that duel. Most of the fighting was around his cap and we were both very short of gold, so having to fight the same really tough troops with more and more experience time and time again was not a whole lot of fun. The asp archers were far worse though - I just couldn't work out any counter to them. That's sort of an ogre thing though - plus my scraplaunchers were being ultra retarded and never seemed to actually aim at the right stuff.

Sorry I dropped out there btw llama. At first I put if off, then I forgot about it, then the computer with that copy of dom3 was out of action. Now I don't have the file any more.

We should play some more in the future, though it's 2-0 so far :[

HoneyBadger June 13th, 2008 07:56 PM

I really, really like the tomb scorpions. Great graphics, great for a Pretender, with the high Prot.

I'm a little surprised you didn't include the Bone Giant, though, as some sort of high priced recruitable. They'd be great to bulk up an army with, without worrying about losing a hero. I mean, as tough as these guys are on the offense, they are FRAGILE.

I didn't get a chance to try out Horus or the majority of the summons. but they look great!