.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Wishlist: Item transfer improvement (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42324)

Micah February 18th, 2009 09:04 PM

Item transfer improvement

This came up on the IRC channel today, and it is actually something I had meant to bring up previously.

I would LOVE it if the item transfer screen (the one you get when you click on an item that's on a commander) listed the lab at the top of the list as opposed to the bottom. This makes a lot of sense since it is the most common destination for items, as well as taking it away from the dreaded "throw item away" line in the interface.

I believe this would be a pretty easy "upgrade" for the devs to implement, and would definitely cut down on the time I spend on mm.

Thanks!

Gandalf Parker February 18th, 2009 09:23 PM

Re: Item transfer improvement

I TOTALLY agree.
Both on the saving of MM, and the dreaded "throw item away".

chrispedersen February 18th, 2009 10:51 PM

While we are at it, a list of transactions buttons, where you could see each turns messages (aka transfers of money and items) would also be critical.

Lingchih February 19th, 2009 01:01 AM

Yes, this does seem like it would be an easy upgrade, and most useful. Hope the Devs take notice.

Edi February 19th, 2009 07:58 AM

It's been requested sometime in the past, but nothing came of that. So don't expect too much. Doesn't hurt to ask. The lab being right next to Mr. Unlimited Itemslots aka Commander Throw It Away always has me in a cold sweat when moving valuable items into the lab.

lch February 19th, 2009 08:02 AM

I think I did have to redo a couple of MP turns from scratch because I erroneously misclicked by some pixels and threw away an item. It's no fun to redo the same stuff that you spent some hours on... :) So yeah, I think the feature request is highly regarded as useful.

WraithLord February 19th, 2009 08:28 AM

I wholeheartedly agree.

Dectilon February 20th, 2009 08:46 AM

If they ever make a rehaul of the interface, drag&drop would probably be an improvement. As for now, this does sound reasonable. I have more than once accidently thrown away artifacts :(

Maybe the "Throw item Away" could be its own little button off to the side? Since I have no real programming experience I feel fully in my right to suggest things like that :D

Gandalf Parker February 20th, 2009 10:14 AM

Isnt drag&drop a windows thing?
Im not sure Ive ever seen it in a linux game.

lch February 20th, 2009 10:20 AM

Actually, it's a Mac thing, it comes from Apple (who bought it from the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center). And has been adopted by Microsoft, just like they adopted many other things from the Macintosh.

I doubt that we'll see drag and drop in Dominions, too, though.