.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   82nd Airborne release date (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=26634)

hfontenot November 2nd, 2005 12:01 AM

82nd Airborne release date

I suppose this is a sore subject, but I must ask; when is 82nd Airborne going to be released?

I've been waiting ever since the game was announced... pre-paid no less. I've moved 4 times, I sure hope you've been keeping up with me! ;-)

HJ

Richard November 2nd, 2005 11:27 AM

Re: 82nd Airborne release date

It will be done when it will be done. Work continues on it, but there is no new release date.

Grinner November 21st, 2005 08:16 PM

If this is the case (i.e. "...there is no new release date.") then why keep pushing it out quarter after quarter? Perhaps you want to keep it in front of people and maybe garner a pre-order or so.

I recall being told at your booth at Origins that it would be out in the fall. I haven't been to Origins since 2003.

I will definitely purchase this game when it comes out. There is absolutely no way I would pre-order. I don't know how many others there are like that but if I'm alive when it is finally released, I'll get it. I still pull 101 out now and then. It's on my desert island list. I hope that All American will someday be there too.

glen55 November 29th, 2005 12:25 AM

Really, something a little bit less brusque than "it will be done when it will be done" is a bit more in order for such a renowned piece of vaporware, I would think. If you can't muster an apology for all the broken promises, then at least be polite.

dragon8er January 8th, 2006 04:38 PM

I really hope one of Shrapnel's New Year's resolutions is to FINALLY meet their release date (1st Qtr 2006) with this game! Come on guys, push some of the ever appearing new games back and get this one completed and to its eagerly awaiting fans. Thanks for you consideration.

Richard February 23rd, 2006 02:58 AM

How is it a smart @ss comment? If we say "Hey it will be done in a month" we'll piss people off when we don't hit that date.

The fact is the game will be done when it's done, I can't give you a date when it will be done because right now we don't know when that will happen.

However work continues on the game.

Joe 98 March 6th, 2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Richard said:
I can't give you a date when it will be done because right now we don't know when that will happen.

Then why do you say "end of first quarter 2006" ???? Why not just leave the date blank?

Richard March 6th, 2006 11:37 AM

That's a good question Joe.

solomon June 25th, 2007 11:14 PM

I just discovered this game.

the developers should know alot of player of wargames will flock to this game.

alot of gamers like to play turn-based.

I play close combat but dont like the rushed pace.

I play squad battles but hate the 2d graphics and 40 meter hexes.

the other day i was thinking i wish there a game out there that had all the elements of the above mentioned game.

its this game. I cant wait.

Barre September 18th, 2007 08:29 AM

That is excellent news that there is hope for the AA game.

I'm a big fan of the first release and always hoped there would be a sequel or expansion for it, this new release looks very promising and i have high anticipations http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

I hope it will be on the store shelves in Belgium, or will europe only be able to order it online? Either way i must have it lol, bt i think when released in stores there will be alot more true wargamers as potential buyers.