.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Wishlist: doh! ..Self inflicted idiocy.... (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47865)

sansanjuan October 9th, 2011 10:11 AM

doh! ..Self inflicted idiocy....

Thought there was a Hall of Doh! thread but didn't see it on a quick search. Anyway, I'd thought I'd done every form of normal tactical mental blunder possible in Dom3...

Sneak instead of attack

Blundered out of dominion with an immortal pretender (with subsequent earth attack)

Mixed cold/fire aura troops with their mundane compadres

the list goes on...

recently I did a new one... moved a commander the turn before completing a 1200 buck fort. crap. Made me wonder if a future patch could sanity check 3AM turn submittals for a few of the more obvious egregious errors e.g.

...."Abandon Fortified City construction. Are you sure?"

-ssj

PS Share your own big blunders on this thread if you are comfortable...

Bullock October 9th, 2011 11:10 AM

Re: doh! ..Self inflicted idiocy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 785568)
recently I did a new one... moved a commander the turn before completing a 1200 buck fort. crap. Made me wonder if a future patch could sanity check 3AM turn submittals for a few of the more obvious egregious errors e.g.

Maybe i misunderstand you, but you know you can restore the construction or fort ? If your province hasn't be captured ofc.

sansanjuan October 9th, 2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullock (Post 785570)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 785568)

Maybe i misunderstand you, but you know you can restore the construction or fort ? If your province hasn't be captured ofc.

I thought so too but the message when attempting to restart the build gives me an insufficiant funds message.
-ssj

Foodstamp October 9th, 2011 04:43 PM

If you lose the province and regain it, you cannot continue construction on a castle. If you keep possession of the province the entire time, you should be given an option that says "Continue construction on fort".

sansanjuan October 9th, 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foodstamp (Post 785583)
If you lose the province and regain it, you cannot continue construction on a castle. If you keep possession of the province the entire time, you should be given an option that says "Continue construction on fort".

Have not lost the province. Does it have to be the same commander to continue construction? The ones in there now do not have a "continue" option.
-ssj

Foodstamp October 9th, 2011 11:43 PM

Naw... Any commander can continue the construction. It could be a bug. I've seen weirder things, even forts disappearing.

sansanjuan October 10th, 2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foodstamp (Post 785600)
Naw... Any commander can continue the construction. It could be a bug. I've seen weirder things, even forts disappearing.

Foodstamp
Thanks for the reply. Tough way to lose a fort.
-ssj

Mightypeon October 10th, 2011 08:19 AM

Wishing for a Grigori.

DeadlyShoe October 10th, 2011 06:36 PM

Accidentally putting 80 Longbowmen on Attack Cavalry against an indie province.

kasnavada October 11th, 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe (Post 785681)
Accidentally putting 80 Longbowmen on Attack Cavalry against an indie province.

I do that all the time...

I wish there was an option for "careful, you're sending missile troops with attack orders" (instead of fire). Also another option for "Whichever commander with loads of items has order : none". And also another option for "Xiowdsioe is asked to cast a spell that requires gems, yet Xiowdsioe does not have any gems".

I keep getting my people killed because I forget to triple check every turn for those.