.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Bug: Bug Thread: Discussion (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30593)

Migaaresno December 9th, 2006 06:33 PM

Wave Warrior

Wave Warrior Protection
EA Oceania wave warrior has zero basic protection.
The wave warrior is a mermen. And all other mermen have a basic protection of 1.

Endoperez December 10th, 2006 01:46 PM

Re: Wave Warrior

A random nation can end up being an underwater one despite #seaplayers 0. This, or something similar to it, happens with North-West Middle-Earth map, when starting a Late Age game with almost all nations.

The DarkOne December 10th, 2006 02:37 PM

Mandaha

Mandahas dosn't have darkvision as mentiond before but strangely enough their precision dosn't get lowered even thou it says it gives a -8 penalty to it.

Agrajag December 10th, 2006 04:47 PM

Re: Bug thread

I'm not exactly sure what forces are at play here, but when I try to play a game started in 3.01 (this could be unrelated) with the Sar Elad mod (And I'm under 3.04 with the Sar Elad mod turned off), I just get a blank list of nations to play (and therefore cannot play).
Turning on the Sar Elad mod doesn't help.
My guess is that perhaps in 3.04 Lanka has taken the slot that Sar Elad used to occupy, causing the game to become a bit crazy.

Endoperez December 10th, 2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Agrajag said:
I'm not exactly sure what forces are at play here, but when I try to play a game started in 3.01 (this could be unrelated) with the Sar Elad mod (And I'm under 3.04 with the Sar Elad mod turned off), I just get a blank list of nations to play (and therefore cannot play).
My guess is that perhaps in 3.04 Lanka has taken the slot that Sar Elad used to occupy, causing the game to become a bit crazy.

Have you tried adding #clearrer and such commands to the mod?

Agrajag December 10th, 2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Endoperez said:
Quote:

Agrajag said:

Have you tried adding #clearrer and such commands to the mod?

No, I haven't (and I don't have the time right now. I have to go to sleep and then I'm away for two days :X)
But even if that does help somehow, the way the Sar Elad code is written I'd expect the game to just add Lanka's stuff into Sar Elad's, creating a nation with both Lankan units and Sar Eladian units, but with the Sar Elad name and description. Which obviously isn't the case since the selection in those old games just disappears.

Loren December 10th, 2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Agrajag said:
Quote:

Loren said:
I don't think he's actually carrying even one by himself. He's also got plenty of helpers in the army he's feeding.

Or maybe he doesn't? Maybe he is just a commander that is carrying 200 Cauldrons of Broth to the front lines because you recently acquired the ability to produce some and desperately need them at the front?
Or maybe all his troops died?

True, but I don't think it's an issue. Remember that you can get them to the front lines faster by building a lab there than by dispatching someone with them.

Quote:

How in the world would the ability to get rid of them be annoying?
Because then you'd have another thing to micromanage every turn.
Like getting rid of three of those X units in province Y and two of those W units in province Z to pay two less gold pieces in upkeep so you'll have exactly enough gold to recruit unit V. etc.

Just because it allows some micromanagement doesn't mean it forces it.

Loren December 10th, 2006 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a case that crashes the turn generation, presumably due to too many units storming a castle.

Turin December 10th, 2006 09:04 PM

Stealth edit. Here is a real Bug:

Late age Caelum still gets the usual MA heroes, althoguh they donīt make any sense anymore with the return of the raptors.

Beorne December 11th, 2006 06:58 AM

in Rileh EA, time of the Aboleth, the descriputions of the slave and subdued units refers to Ryleh and not to the Aboleths, Ryleh has yet to come

Juton Gode descriprion cites furs but it is equipped with leather armour