.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Single Castle Mod (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45404)

Makinus April 20th, 2010 12:10 PM

Single Castle Mod

Is there any mod that forbids the building of new castles beyond the first one? Is it too hard to mod it?

I want a mod for SP, so the AI is unable to build more castles than the initial one.

The only castle for each faction would be the starting one + any found in sites/events.

Sombre April 20th, 2010 12:24 PM

Re: Single Castle Mod

Hmmmmmmmm.

That's a good question. I wonder if you set the fort types for each land to an invalid number, or possibly a number representing "nothing", whether that would actually work.

I would give this a 40% chance of being possible. It is easily tested, however in the interests of helping people help themselves, I'd like you to be the one to do so. Check out the fort settings in your mod manual (in the game directory, docs subfolder) and look in the mapping manual for the IDs of the various fort types. These pdfs are text searchable, so you should have no problem finding the right settings.

Get a mod nation downloaded, go into the dm using a text editor and mess with the fort settings for the nation, as per the manual. Then fire them up in game and see if you can get them to not be able to make forts.

Once you've tested, be sure to come tell the rest of us the result.

Makinus April 20th, 2010 12:44 PM

tested it, apparently, when using an invalid number (tried 45, 50 and 99)for the default fort the game sets it as a "simple hillfort" (fort type 1) and allows the building this type of fort....

any other ideas?

elmokki April 20th, 2010 12:47 PM

If that didn't work, it's most probably not doable.

Makinus April 20th, 2010 12:54 PM

I also tried assigning underwater forst to land and vice-versa and the game then allows you to build underwater forts in land and land castles underwater...

llamabeast April 20th, 2010 12:55 PM

Pity. Thanks for testing Makinus!

Makinus April 20th, 2010 01:00 PM

Is there any way to change the fort cost? maybe if we set a fort to a huge cost the AI would not build it?

Sombre April 20th, 2010 01:15 PM

Nope.

Gandalf Parker April 20th, 2010 01:18 PM

None that I know of. Id be interested in such a mod also.

If Simple Hillfort is the default-on-error then you would have to search for a purposeful "null" reference.
Did you try 0? or -1?

Makinus April 20th, 2010 01:25 PM

0 and -1 also get the "simple hillfort"