.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps & Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   My First Map: Siltrock (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=27061)

Turin December 19th, 2005 02:59 PM

Re: My First Map: Siltrock

just post it. A problem with #feature may be that it gets overwritten by the sites which the game adds randomly. So if you are playing with high magic sites setting(50+), some features might not show up.

Wish December 19th, 2005 03:06 PM

well the problem is that they are showing up as like nifelheim and other national sites instead of what I am setting them as. Also commanders show up as the normal commanders instead of the ones I set, although their magic changes as I set it, but they aren't getting the items I give either.

here it is: LINK

Turin December 19th, 2005 03:32 PM

hmm I noticed that the "" symbols are different for the landnames and for the commander names and sites. Maybe the program needs those standardized "" symbols? Try editing your mapfile with the normal windows editor and see if that helps.

Although Iīm no expert on map commands, I couldnīt find anything wrong with yours apart from that oddity.

Wish December 19th, 2005 03:41 PM

thanks, that appeared to do the trick

Morkilus December 19th, 2005 04:00 PM

Wow, that's pretty. I like the style. Will there be border lines added later? Hopefully that won't wreck the aesthetic. Anyway, I found a little bug:

#landname 4 "Abode of the Ancients"

#terrain 4 1553
#setland 4
#nostart 4
#poptype 40
#feature ?The Crystal Citadel?
#feature ?Ancient Temple?
#feature ?Abandoned Labratory?

Laboratory is misspelled; it probably won't work like that.

I may be inspired now; mapmaking looks like fun.

Wish December 19th, 2005 05:16 PM

The way the provinces are placed seems, for the most part, defined by various changes in the scenery. I Kind of don't want to add border lines. I guess it should be played with neighbors on.

Wish December 19th, 2005 05:25 PM

fixed some neighbour mistakes, the labratory thing, and added the full version of the map to the zip on the first page. Seems to be working. Okay so far.

Does it need borders guys?

Morkilus December 19th, 2005 05:42 PM

I'll give it a test tonight vs my eternal nemesis, the AI. Looks like alot of fun. Any suggested settings?

Wish December 19th, 2005 06:59 PM

play how ya like

Wish December 20th, 2005 02:49 PM

If you need borders here is a tga with borders.

LINK

just download it and rename it Siltrock.tga (it is named Siltrock-borders.tga)

Personally I prefer it without borders.