.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Wishlist: Triggered reinforcements (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51718)

Aeraaa October 11th, 2017 02:57 PM

Triggered reinforcements

I'm just starting to get into scenario building in the game and I had an idea about using reinforcements. In addition of the latter coming in a predetermined number of turns (as it is the case now), I was wondering how possible it is to have even more triggers for their arrival. For example, one of the sides getting their reinforcements after the opponent captures a certain number of VPs, or if the opponent crossed a particular line etc. While it may sound gamey, it is my belief that it will make some scenarios built for player-vs-AI action more challenging, and it can give a nasty surprise to the player. Of course I have no clue how challenging it will be to program this, but I'm just dropping the idea guys.

DRG October 11th, 2017 03:47 PM

Re: Triggered reinforcements

Right now we have a list of >60 items we want to investigate. The chance of us actually doing them all this time around approaches a snowball's chance in Hell. That said there is a suggestion already on the list that does much the same thing .....trigger hexes. Similar to V hexes but only visible to the scenario designer that could trigger various events and reinforcements could be one but that is not " nice simple code " and right now we are just making baby steps to try work up a bit of enthusiasm to try and make a dent in what we need to do and want to do so this is more or less, already " on the radar"

Don

shahadi October 11th, 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 839841)
"Right now we have a list of >60 items we want to investigate..."
Don

It may help build "community awareness" and enthusiasm if the list of game ideas were published in a "sticky."

<br>

DRG October 11th, 2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahadi (Post 839844)
Quote:

"Right now we have a list of >60 items we want to investigate..."
Don

It may help build "community awareness" and enthusiasm if the list of game ideas were published in a "sticky."

<br>

NOT going to happen.......

Oche October 12th, 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

"..The chance of us actually doing them all this time around approaches a snowball's chance in Hell"

Don

This made my day, thanks. :clap::clap::haha::haha:

Warhero October 13th, 2017 04:04 AM

Don, I don't understand your attitude about not publishing those items here. Are they some kind of "top secrets"? Are you afraid something (maybe SP community's reactions to some things)?

Just wondering...
Warhero

DRG October 13th, 2017 08:25 AM

"The list" is a rough set of ideas we have tossed around regarding game changes and or improvements......in many cases it refers to a specific email or series of emails and I have limited time as it is and I'm not wasting any of it on polishing up a list which Andy and I both know contains items that could only be described as wishful thinking that will never make it to the game but remain on the list as ideas that might generate other ideas..........only to invite comment and questions from players that will further eat into the limited time we have to work on the game ( as is happening as I type this )

In 20 years of doing this we have NEVER and will NEVER post any list of work to be done UNTIL IT'S DONE AND TESTED. If that makes you suspicious we are "afraid" of player reaction that is YOUR problem to deal with not ours.

When we are ready to release the next update we will post what was done......not before and that is all we are going to say about this until the next release is ready but I will leave everyone with ONE tidbit of information.....the code that generated smoke from wreaked vehicles has been modified successfully so that fewer wreaks generate smoke that obscured LOS to the hexes behind it and will subtly change how the game is played for both the attacker and defender.......that is all I'm going to say until next spring. Actually, that's the second bit of info I've posted......the other was the reserved for modders SHP and PIC numbers I only released that so that any existing mods could start the process of moving any Icons or photos during the winter months