.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   WinSP Scenario Design Clinic (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30000)

Double_Deuce November 27th, 2010 07:36 AM

Re: WinSP Scenario Design Clinic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachinnole (Post 764046)
I have made some Golan Heights and Suez Canal maps from Google Earth Imagery, problem is by the time I'm done with the map I'm exhausted and never finish the scenarios!

Map design is pretty time intensive when done correctly. Quite a few people get burnt out just on making the map and have no energy left to slog through the rest of the scenario design process.

gila November 28th, 2010 01:56 AM

Have not seen you post for awhile Double D.

Welcome back!:)

SaS TrooP December 10th, 2010 02:02 PM

Hey lads!
I am quite new on this boards, but I play SPMBT mainly for a while :P

I am also interested in scenario design, acutally I have two scens WIP, but I need assistance:
I use only free version of the game, how can I in scenario editor set a reinforcements turn for off-map units like planes or artillery?

Imp December 10th, 2010 05:39 PM

Not sure if I remember right but just use the N+P keys to select it, you can do it I have

SaS TrooP December 10th, 2010 07:50 PM

Works now, thanks! It couldnt be simpler.

SaS TrooP February 26th, 2011 09:29 AM

Two more questions:
1. How can I set flag value bigger than 249 points?
2. Inspired by Mobhack, I started to work again on my Uganda and Tanzania scenario (Lukaya meeting engagement, march '79). Map is a causeway, so it is VERY narrow. I have unfortunately found that enemy tanks enter the marshes anyway (even if they have a land in from of them) and get stuck really fast. How can I fix it?

Mobhack February 26th, 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaS TrooP (Post 771953)
Two more questions:
1. How can I set flag value bigger than 249 points?
2. Inspired by Mobhack, I started to work again on my Uganda and Tanzania scenario (Lukaya meeting engagement, march '79). Map is a causeway, so it is VERY narrow. I have unfortunately found that enemy tanks enter the marshes anyway (even if they have a land in from of them) and get stuck really fast. How can I fix it?

1) You cannot set it any higher. (Technically they could go to 255 being bytes).

2)path-finding will look for the least-cost route, and if the causeway is blocked with wrecks, or a traffic jam etc then the marsh might be seen as being less movement cost. Also - look at the waypoint system.

Cheers
Andy

SaS TrooP February 26th, 2011 09:15 PM

All right, but in some scenarios there are flags worth eg. 1000 points. How did they do this?

Mobhack February 26th, 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaS TrooP (Post 771970)
All right, but in some scenarios there are flags worth eg. 1000 points. How did they do this?

By stacking several VP flags in the same hex. Simples.

Cheers
Andy

gila February 27th, 2011 12:00 AM

This i also learned by trail and error on very important objectives,
Edit v-hex locations then stack them, not so obvious as it seems:)