.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   TO&Es (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Version 8.0 German OOB (corrected v8.1) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50737)

scorpio_rocks April 8th, 2015 08:47 AM

Version 8.0 German OOB (corrected v8.1)

Just a quick note / Question:

Have I messed something up / corrupted something or do units #698 and #699 Luftwaffe Grp have a picture of the US T30 HMC?

Sorry, not a massive problem I can easily change the LBM from 2278 and 2277 to something more suitable (#13065), but wondered if this was showing something further wrong with my installation? (i did re install but got same results)

Mobhack April 8th, 2015 12:36 PM

Re: Version 8.0 German OOB

They both do have a US halftrack icon - bit of a hiccup!

Andy

scorpio_rocks April 8th, 2015 01:30 PM

Thanks - means I didnt stuff my game up :)
a couple of wrong pics I can fix easy

Mobhack April 8th, 2015 04:10 PM

Its now marked up as bug #1 for the V8 patch ... :hurt:

DRG April 16th, 2015 03:58 PM

Figuring this out is turning into my therapy project. I have NO IDEA when or why I would have done that as it makes NO sense whatsoever. It's not a "digit out" or "digit missing" issue and I ALWAYS double check a photo when it's been put in..... yet here we are.

Both photos are used quite correctly elsewhere..... and in the German OOB for Luftwaffe units. The good news is... somebody actually uses Luftwaffe units :eek:

Don

scorpio_rocks April 17th, 2015 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 829463)
The good news is... somebody actually uses Luftwaffe units :eek:

Hehe - I guess cos I grew up on a RAF base I have an affinity for air force troops lol.

Please dont stress over it Don - I checked my friends install (he has yet to patch to latest version) and it seems it was this way at least as far back as V7 - so no one has noticed for a while

DRG April 17th, 2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 829465)

Please dont stress over it Don - I checked my friends install (he has yet to patch to latest version) and it seems it was this way at least as far back as V7 - so no one has noticed for a while

Strangely enough, that's good news. Thanks

Don

Griefbringer April 17th, 2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

The good news is... somebody actually uses Luftwaffe units :eek:

I once tried them in a campaign game, and I don't think there was anything wrong with them. But the German OOB is certainly packed with a lot of choices, and these are not the most glamorous.

Luftwaffe troops also make an appearance in one of the scenarios (cannot remember name or number), though in that one their main role seems to be getting ground down by the enemy while German tanks race to the rescue.

Mario_Fr April 18th, 2015 11:52 AM

Don,

please have a look at your PM. Thanks

Mario

Wiking May 2nd, 2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Both photos are used quite correctly elsewhere..... and in the German OOB for Luftwaffe units. The good news is... somebody actually uses Luftwaffe units :eek:

Don

I've actually frequently used Luftwaffe and Ost-Infanterie squads to help hold the line during a defense. Means my own core troops take a lot less of the heat from artillery. I try not to use excess amounts though, as it feels somewhat gamey for them to absorb all the punishment. :D