.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43928)

rdonj September 20th, 2009 03:30 AM

Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Almost Full.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispedersen (Post 711189)
Suggest if a noob comes along that you let Rdonj captain.
He is certainly good enough.

I respectfully disagree :). All of the team captains are much better players than I am. I'm knowledgeable, but I just don't have anything like the experience that any of the other captains have. Any of them would eat me for breakfast.

Lingchih September 20th, 2009 04:01 AM

I will offer to captain team Mysterios (it only makes sense, since the team was named after me). That means Executor would have to switch to captain The Blessed Ones. My nation does not matter, you can just give me one Sept. Ermor would probably be thematic.

This is the only conditions under which I will play.

Septimius Severus September 20th, 2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingchih (Post 711196)
I will offer to captain team Mysterios (it only makes sense, since the team was named after me). That means Executor would have to switch to captain The Blessed Ones. My nation does not matter, you can just give me one Sept. Ermor would probably be thematic.

This is the only conditions under which I will play.

I am fine with that, but let us hear from Executor on the matter.

Hoplosternum September 20th, 2009 04:53 AM

Executor does not want the team name and suggested a replacement name.

I assume it is the name rather than the players that Lingchih wants? Or maybe he will only play if you are on his team Sept :p Swapping the team players about may be more difficult if they have already started discussing plans....

Executor September 20th, 2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoplosternum (Post 711204)
Swapping the team players about may be more difficult if they have already started discussing plans....

Yeah, we've started, and I've reviled my strategy with Lanka.
But I have no problem changing teams, or names, GO DOMINIONS UNITED!!! :bow::first:
However, I'd have to switch nations if I'm changing teams, hmmm, Hinnom alowed!?!??!:D

Sorry, I'm a little carried away by the Eurobasket 2009, it's finals today.:eek:

DrPraetorious September 20th, 2009 10:37 AM

We need one more vet, huh?

Someone contact Micah and tell him he's a pussy.

chrispedersen September 20th, 2009 11:00 AM

It seems as if Lingchi really just wants to captain a team with the name Mysterious - and executor doesn't care about the name.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)
So change the team names - and lets go!

Lingchih September 20th, 2009 12:51 PM

Nevermind. I've changed my mind. I'm still too burned out on this series to do a team justice. You guys go ahead without me.
Sorry for the post.

archaeolept September 20th, 2009 12:59 PM

if you can't find another vet, I'd suggest exe moving over to fill the missing team's captaincy, promoting psi to the first team's captain (he's certainly capable), and adding frozenlama to that first team, who strikes me as a noob with a lot of potential.

of course Executor and Psisoldier probably have already created a terrifying plan for world conquest :D

Septimius Severus September 20th, 2009 07:28 PM

I am grateful to those vets who have participated thus far and who have participated in my games in the past. I would like to see one of those who have yet to do so, step up and take on the challenge. They know who they are. But I'd just as eagerly welcome any of the old ones, including Ling, back into the fold as well. Failing that we may have to seek an upper level intermediate or follow Arch's suggestion.

This game is not for those vets who are only interested in playing with other vets exclusively or who won't consider a game unless it advances them in the HOF standings. The emphasis remains on cooperation, learning, helping the many lesser experienced players in the community become better at the game, and just plain having a good time.

Who will help?