.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49316)

Larz November 18th, 2012 08:45 PM

Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel?

I was going to recommend Dom 3 to someone and was going to point them to the page to buy the game but have noticed that is says it's not available. It says somthing about checking back on December 1st? Anyone know whats going on? Even the download version is not available.

YellowCactus November 18th, 2012 10:25 PM

Re: Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel?

They were just running a 50% off sale. Maybe Dom3 is out of stock...

Larz November 18th, 2012 10:57 PM

But even the download version is not available.

Edi November 19th, 2012 02:54 AM

There will be more news regarding this issue in the near future. No need to panic or worry. However, it is not my place to publicly post information that I have not been given permission divulge.

Edi November 19th, 2012 06:06 AM

And now that Illwinter has made a public announcement on their web page, I can elaborate somewhat.

Shrapnel Games no longer sells Dominions 3, but Illwinter has plans to publish the game on Desura after December 1st, 2012.

So keep your eyes peeled in that regard.

Admiral_Aorta November 19th, 2012 06:25 AM

haha, finally the regime topples

Fantomen November 19th, 2012 06:28 AM

This is great news!

So this should mean we can look forward to a primary forum where half the regular workhorses isn't banned? Funtional customer support? A distributor that actually likes and listens to it's customers? An end to the stupid pissing contest? An opening for Steam distribution further ahead? Reasonable pricing?

I'm so happy about this. Thank you Illwinter!

Admiral_Aorta November 19th, 2012 06:34 AM

Desura seem to have automatic forums for each game so there will almost certainly be one over there.

Redeyes November 19th, 2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral_Aorta (Post 814162)
Desura seem to have automatic forums for each game so there will almost certainly be one over there.

Desura forums give me a headache and this place has a wealth of collected knowledge stuff.
I will miss you, Shrapnel forums!

But I assume this place isn't actually going away?

Fantomen November 19th, 2012 07:42 AM

I too hope that Shrapnel will keep this forum open for reference, but I personally think it will die out as a hub for actual player interaction.

dom3mods is already more active than this forum, and without the distribution new players will no longer start out here. I suspect there will be a steadily growing desura forum operating side by side with SA and dom3mods, I think that will turn out much better than the current situation once the confusion ove migrating the community settles.

In any case it might be a good idea to do some kind of project to secure all the information stored here, just to be safe. Like backing up the entire strategy index on the dom3mods lords of war section. That also has the benefit that it could be reordered by validity to some extent.

And so on, in any case we should all try and help ease the migration and minimize the hassles. I know that not everyone likes it at dom3mods but even for those who don't I think it could be a very useful intermediary stable platform while the desura community matures.