.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   sounds (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24952)

slugget2000 July 18th, 2005 01:17 AM

sounds

i have most of the vehicle moving sounds and a few tank, but no small arms mortars etc. Is there a sound patch coming out?

john

DRG July 18th, 2005 09:29 AM

Re: sounds

Quote:

slugget2000 said:
i have most of the vehicle moving sounds and a few tank, but no small arms mortars etc. Is there a sound patch coming out?

john

Well John this isn't very helpful to me. Did you read any of the sound problem threads on the forum??

"XP Sound Problems - Try this out "

or

"Codec files arrested charged with screwing up game "

Have you tried any of the solutions offered?
Can you tell us what system you are using ?
Have you run DXDiag to investigate any conflicts?
What sound card are you using?

There is a patch coming out but not a "sound" patch per se. There will be instructions on how to convert the game MP3 sounds to WAV sounds for the very few who cannot get MP3 sound to run at all on their systems but we are not offering a WAV file upgrade becasue it would be over 80MB and it's MUCH easier to convert the sounds in the game now with a program like Goldwave than it is to download an 80+mb file .

However, none of that really applies to you becasue you hear many of them now but until you try some of the solutions we have offered those with sound related problems I cannot help you

Oh and BTW John, I read your post on Yahoo. ...."Now i see SPMBT being run by Shrapnel"....... Shrapnel does not "run" WinSPMBT. They are the distributors of the CD version and the people who provide the bandwidth for all the people downloading the game for free. WinSPMBT is "run" by Andy and I. Just as the game always has been.

Don

slugget2000 July 19th, 2005 02:42 AM

Hi Don
I have reinstalled the game and other than a delay the sounds know seem ok, will tweak around with the settings to improve delay in firing. Iam glad to see both you and Andy will run the game

DRG July 19th, 2005 05:51 AM

Quote:

slugget2000 said:
Hi Don
I have reinstalled the game and other than a delay the sounds know seem ok, will tweak around with the settings to improve delay in firing. Iam glad to see both you and Andy will run the game

The slight sound delay has been fixed and is in the CD version and the patch we will issue soon

Don

slugget2000 July 28th, 2005 01:23 AM

Hi Don
Any idea when the patch for the sound delay fixed in the cd will be made available to non cd members

John

Mobhack July 28th, 2005 05:57 AM

Quote:

slugget2000 said:
Hi Don
Any idea when the patch for the sound delay fixed in the cd will be made available to non cd members

John

When the patch is released - which should be alongside the CD release.

Cheers
Andy