.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Training (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=53008)

Roman June 29th, 2023 01:56 PM

Training

I played scenario 41 and found it interesting for training infantry units.
Is there a list of similar scenarios to practice something in particular? For example to train with tanks, artillery, mine sweeping, etc, etc?

Dion June 29th, 2023 05:49 PM

Re: Training

Sounds like there is more to scenarios than just victories and defeats. I mostly play random battles, very few scenarios. There are so many scenarios to choose from (I say that in good way).

Roman June 29th, 2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion (Post 854865)
Sounds like there is more to scenarios than just victories and defeats. I mostly play random battles, very few scenarios. There are so many scenarios to choose from (I say that in good way).

Yeah. There are many interesting scenarios. That's why I decided to play them from 001. :)

Suhiir June 29th, 2023 09:33 PM

I've tried to make the scenarios I create combined arms
Including helos and aircraft which many neglect.

Roman June 30th, 2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suhiir (Post 854867)
I've tried to make the scenarios I create combined arms
Including helos and aircraft which many neglect.

Combined arms scenarios are great.
I was wondering if there is a list of scenarios that have a tutorial feature at any particular point. For example I played scenario 41 which is small and focused on infantry allowing you to test specific infantry tactics.
Scenario 39 may be useful for open field armor attack against prepared positions.
I'm not in the military and I don't know how I would classify them in that scenario.
Perhaps that point is also interesting.... Let someone with military training classify the scenarios according to the type of battle.

Suhiir June 30th, 2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman (Post 854868)
Perhaps that point is also interesting.... Let someone with military training classify the scenarios according to the type of battle.

They are already to an extent.

Scenarios are listed as "Assault", "Advance", "Defend", etc. and the notes generally give you an idea what you need to do.

Other then scenario zero (0) none are really designed/intended to be "tutorials".

While military training helps WinSPMBT is first and foremost a game NOT a combat simulation. Also it would depend on what branch of the military one was in and what they did MOS/job wise. Chances are someone that repaired radars on aircraft in the air force has little grasp of infantry tactics :smirk:

Aeraaa July 1st, 2023 03:12 AM

Play a 1985 Cold war gone hot scenario many times until you get a good result, especially from the USSR side. You will be forced to learn how to properly use tanks and artillery for sure.

Good examples are scenarios #188 and #189 (the BMP regiment and the tank division in assault respectively).

Suhiir July 1st, 2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeraaa (Post 854875)
Play a 1985 Cold war gone hot scenario many times until you get a good result, especially from the USSR side. You will be forced to learn how to properly use tanks and artillery for sure.

The Soviets are rather renown for their use of tanks and artillery.

I think they were over-rated in 1985 but the current situation in Ukraine is the result of 30 years of neglect and rampant corruption since the collapse of the Soviet Union.