.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   APCalc (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51763)

Gerry1 November 18th, 2017 03:02 AM

APCalc

1 Attachment(s)
Wondering if there is something wrong with my install as this is what APCalc looks like for me - see image.

RightDeve November 18th, 2017 04:40 AM

Re: APCalc

I don't know, but mine shows correctly though.

Mobhack November 18th, 2017 05:01 AM

Never seen anything like that before.

APCalc is a simple little utility with not much to go wrong. No ini files to point to the OOB files, it expects them to be in the usual folder.

1) You are running the exe for it that lives in the game's root folder (ie not moved it anywhere?).
- If you ran the one on the program files list of shortcuts, try going to the main game root folder and double clicking on WW2-APCalc.exe and see if that makes any difference.

2) The OOB files are in the \game data\oobs sub-folder (if not then your main game won't be working)...

3) The game is installed correctly (outside of /program files/) as explained in the Game Guide installation section (and as default paths in the new installers). And make sure any patches have also been installed to the same path as your initial install as well.

Gerry1 November 18th, 2017 02:13 PM

Thanks Andy.

Game is installed in C:\Shrapnel Games\WinSPWW2 and seems to work fine. I had the Demo installed and then bought the CD version that didn't need a patch (winSPWW2 V10.01-CD(2017).exe).

The OOBs are in C:\Shrapnel Games\WinSPWW2\Game Data\OOBs and they all seem to be 187 KB in size.

As I wrote in an earlier thread it seemed to install different than the Demo for me. With the Demo I got a winSPWW2 folder in Start --> Programs. Clicking on it I could see the winSPWW2 Game Options link and links to the Game Guide, your editors I think, etc.

In the install for the CD version I did not get a menu entry under Start --> Programs (not a big deal as I found the items in the C:\Shrapnel Games\WinSPWW2 directory).

But now I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling unless you have another idea from what I wrote here.

Thanks.

Mobhack November 18th, 2017 04:36 PM

I would uninstall and then reinstall. Something is not 100%.

DRG November 18th, 2017 04:54 PM

If APCalc is in the main game folder---- no matter where the game is located it "knows" where to look for the OOB's.

*IF* APCalc ran from somewhere OTHER THAN the main folder where the winSPWW2.EXE is located you will get EXACTLY what you showed in the first post

When you installed the CD version did you delete the DL version first or was the CD version installed OVER the DL version......if yes delete everything and just install the CD

Don

Gerry1 November 18th, 2017 05:46 PM

APCalc works now. I did an uninstall and re-installed it.

Only unusual thing I see is in the C:\Shrapnel Games\WinSPWW2\Game Notes folder the file spww2guide.htm is dated 2006.

When I did the uninstall it said it removed the game but it left the winSPWW2 folder with dlls in there - I did not check if it left a lot fo other stuff. So I deleted the folder manually.

Imp November 18th, 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry1 (Post 840275)
APCalc works now. I did an uninstall and re-installed it

When I did the uninstall it said it removed the game but it left the winSPWW2 folder with dlls in there - I did not check if it left a lot fo other stuff. So I deleted the folder manually.

When you uninstall anything you should always follow up & delete manually mosr programs leave bits behind, not so important nowadays with large hard drives.
These games do not leave lines in the registry but most do you should also run a registry check after you have done the uninstall. If your the type of person that tries a lot of demos this is important as the amount of junk registry items will eventually impact on your computer speed.

Gerry1 November 18th, 2017 06:53 PM

Can you tell me the date on your Game Guide file (spww2guide.htm) please.

Mobhack November 18th, 2017 07:18 PM

Open the Game Guide at the first page

scroll down to the "Last Updated" entry just below the big "game Guide"

you should see:

Quote:

Last Updated March, 2017

© 2017 The Camo Workshop
If it says that then its the up to date version

(You can ignore file dates - mine are weird, like created 27 March 2014, Accessed 24 March 2014, Modified 6 Feb 2006) - but I just opened it so it should at least be today's date for "accessed" - i.e. as reliable as Windows usually is ;)!